Director of Administration
Director of Administration
Come work at Portland Waldorf School! We are welcoming applications for a full-time Director of Administration for an immediate start date. This position is an integral part of the school’s Leadership team and Administrative Staff.
We are a school of teachers and staff who love their craft and are enthusiastic about engaging students. We are committed to working collaboratively with colleagues and the parent community to create an educational environment aligned with Waldorf pedagogy, our school mission, and program goals. We value self- development, educational equity, and inclusion. We seek peers who have a willingness to participate in ongoing work related to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Candidates who are trained, experienced, and dedicated to Waldorf education, working out of Anthroposophy, are encouraged to apply.
· Daily operations of the school and for management of the administrative staff and supporting the School Director’s vision, advancing the School’s mission, achieving strategic priorities, and working to ensure a safe, smooth, efficient and financially responsible day-to-day operation.
· Foster an environment where students, teachers, and staff feel safe, supported, and inspired to excel, while upholding fiscal responsibility in every decision to sustain our school's vitality and promote community health.
· Provide information to the Board for their long-term visioning and goal setting.
· Long term strategic and site planning in collaboration with School Director, Board, Faculty, Operations, Facilities, Development, Finance, Enrollment, and Marketing to create a clear vision for the future of PWS.
· Membership as an ad hoc member of all administrative committees, the Finance Committee, the Tuition Adjustment Committee, the Hiring Committee, and the Board. Attendance is required at committee meetings and Board meetings and preparation and participation as necessary.
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher
· Minimum five years Waldorf administrative experience
· Commitment to Anthroposophy and Waldorf Education
· Strong leadership, communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
· Reliable, well-organized, and efficient
· Continued professional development relating to Waldorf school leadership
This is a full-time, year-round, exempt position and salary is dependent upon education and experience. Benefits offered include health insurance, retirement plan, tuition remission, paid time off, mentoring, and professional development opportunities. Please send a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references, including phone numbers and e-mail addresses (in PDF format only) toChiaki.Uchiyama@portlandwaldorf.org.
About Portland Waldorf School
Portland Waldorf School was founded in 1982 and is fully accredited through AWSNA. We serve over 300 students from early childhood through grade twelve on a beautiful seven-acre campus in downtown Milwaukie, just 20 minutes from downtown Portland.
Portland Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We acknowledge that a diversity of ethnicities, nationalities, socioeconomic backgrounds, gender expressions, sexual orientations, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance our school’s learning environment, and we are committed to cultivating equity and inclusion. We are seeking individuals who are committed to self-development, educational equity and inclusion, and have a willingness to participate in ongoing work related to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice. People of color and others underrepresented in our community are encouraged to apply.
Inspiring a life-long love for learning