We invite applications for an experienced Eurythmy teacher to join our innovative faculty. Dedicated to excellence in teaching and with a demonstrable commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, our ideal candidate will develop professional and collaborative working relationships with colleagues, parents, and the wider community. The Eurythmy teacher provides a varied eurythmy curriculum for EC-8th grade which mirrors the whole education at the Waldorf School of Philadelphia, including exploring and developing content that supports our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion goals. The successful candidate will possess positive and inclusive interpersonal skills, and will be dependable and patient with children. You will be able to effectively teach children of all abilities, cultivate effective classroom management and ensure the appropriate mood and tone for the developmental stage of each class. With a Eurythmy degree from an accredited Eurythmy training center and experience in teaching, you may also have a background in or knowledge of Waldorf education. The successful candidate will bring leadership to all aspects of Eurythmy at our school and will base their practice of teaching on the ever-evolving needs of students of our time, including selecting teaching material and program content carefully according to the school's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion mission statement.
Duties will include:
• Preparing and teaching Eurythmy curriculum to students in EC-8 grade
• Evaluating the progress of students and preparing oral and written student reports to discuss with students, parents, and faculty
• Administrative tasks and non-teaching student supervision, including recess duty
• Attending faculty meetings, professional development sessions, and school-specific events
• Interest/experience in diversity, equity, and inclusion work
Skills required include:
• Eurythmy training from an accredited Eurythmy Training Center
• Experience with and/or knowledge of Waldorf Education
• Previous teaching experience desired
This can be a full or part-time position or a full or partial year. The conditions of this position can be flexible and modified to fit the right candidate. The Waldorf School of Philadelphia offers a competitive salary and benefits package, full-time benefits include healthcare, dental. There are also significant opportunities for professional development. If applicable, consideration will be given to providing relocation support. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
It's Not What To Think, Its How To Think