Coastal Waters Chartered Public School was founded with one purpose - to build a space for all students to grow, learn, and create in community. Through a unique teaching approach and a truly passionate staff, we are here to guide students as they develop academically and personally to achieve their best selves. Our collaborative model ensures that families will be supported and valued, and are no less a part of the journey than the daily school experience. At Coastal Waters, we will ensure a safe space which celebrates each and every member of the community - within our walls and beyond.
Our school is guided by the educational philosophy of Rudolf Steiner.
The Administrative Coordinator position is a hands-on, organizationally demanding role which requires an excellent ability to deal with people in a very busy school environment. Consistent attention to details and follow-through are essential. This role reports to the Administrative Director and supports the other staff and faculty of the school. The Administrative Coordinator must be friendly, knowledgeable, outgoing, and be able to interact with the public, parents, students, and faculty. Discretion and objectivity are essential components of this job, which may deal with sensitive and personal issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Assist with office student record maintenance and various administrative tasks
● Provide administrative support for faculty and staff including editing/proofreading and other tasks
● Collaborate with the Development Coordinator, and other administrative staff, to plan, organize, and implement fundraising events
● Retrieve and maintain student medical information; notify faculty and staff of student’s status with special health and medication requirements
● Manage instruction and office orders
● Maintain office supply inventory, tech inventory/accessories, and order as needed; research cost-effective purchases
● Help to maintain the SchoolCues student information system
● Act as communications first responder in an emergency, stock and maintain first aid kits
● Adhere to and maintain current COVID protocols (signage, PPE, etc.).
● Manage student and staff mailboxes
● Other support of faculty, students, and staff as needed
Front Desk Reception
● Greet visitors, receive deliveries, answer questions from students and visitors
● Answer phones, transfer calls and take messages
● Distribute mail, interoffice, Fed Ex, UPS etc.
● Carry out financial transactions such as fundraiser sales, tickets, etc.
● Stay informed through school bulletins and registrar on school events, curriculum changes, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
● One or more years of experience supporting an administrative staff
● Strong computer/database skills; experience with Google or Microsoft Office Suite
● Event planning experience a plus
● Knowledge of Waldorf education a plus
If you are interested in this position, please go to the following link and complete the application. https://forms.gle/hzRui8pwrjYLZL239
Visit our website, www.cwschool.org, for more information about our school.
Your application has been successfully submitted.