Early Childhood Lead Educator
Early Childhood Lead Educator 2022-23
Salary and Benefits: To be negotiated. Medical, Dental and Vision included. Paying our teachers a living wage is one of our core values.
Wildcat Canyon Community Center, a partner of the Wildcat Canyon Community School, is seeking a Waldorf-trained visionary who, as a lead educator, will work to dream up and spearhead an early childhood homeschooling enrichment program.
About Our Community Center
Wildcat Canyon Community Center has partnered with the Wildcat Canyon Community School to offer unique, flexible and nontraditional educational opportunities for community members of all ages. Please join us in this rare opportunity to build a space for anyone looking to create a family-focused community in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our Center’s overarching mission is to support and help families raise free thinking and spiritually connected resilient individuals.
Our partnership with the Wildcat Canyon Community School allows our program to use the campus and its adjacent wildlands, providing hands-on, immersive opportunities to spend time learning and playing in nature. Included within the campus lies a garden and an orchard where members learn to cultivate fruits, herbs, and vegetables connecting them to natural cycles of life. Domesticated animals, such as chickens and sheep, provide additional venues to develop feelings and senses.
Spacious grassy fields and hiking paths adorn the campus, providing space to enjoy a variety of outdoor physical activities. We feel honored to cultivate a community center resonant with the principles of Waldorf education: a development of the “head, heart, and hands”, which offers a health-giving and living education in service of each individual realizing their own inner light.
● Waldorf Teacher Training program
● BA degree
● Be able to manage a large group of children independently
● Be able to work with children needing individual attention while guiding the entire group
● Ability to lift 25 pounds, get up and off ground repeatedly, carry a loaded backpack for up to two hours at a time
● Ability to hike up to 3 miles, in uneven terrain, in all weather conditions
● Familiarity with and interest in implementing elements of a ‘typical’ Waldorf early childhood program, including but not limited to: painting, drawing, craft/handwork, woodwork, cooking, gardening, singing, storytelling, puppetry, circle and movement work.
● Ability to facilitate healthy play dynamics
● Highly organized and self-starter
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
● Work collaborative with other colleagues and parent volunteers
● Mentor program assistant and facilitate their growth as an educator
● Avid interest in parent education & collaboration, equanimity in working with parents
● Experience and/or interest in co-operative education
● Committed to implementing a culturally diverse Waldorf pedagogy.
● A personal commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, along with a letter of interest, highlighting your teaching experience, life experience, education, qualifications, and strengths. In addition, please include three references that we may contact.
Please submit all the above documentation to email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.