Mandarin Teacher - Primary School
The suitable candidate must be proficient and fluent in Mandarin and English and show:
- An understanding, or a willingness to understand the Waldorf philosophy and pedagogy.
- Knowledge of planning lessons and a sequence of lessons to meet students’ individual learning needs to ensure their progression.
- Independence while working in a collaborative working environment.
- Administrative qualities with regard to classroom efficiency and materials.
- International teaching experience and respect for local customs and culture.
- An undergraduate degree
- At least three years of Mandarin teaching experience
- Teaching Traditional Chinese Characters
- Good command of the English Language
- Genuine interest in teaching children from diverse backgrounds
- Completed training in, or knowledge of Waldorf pedagogy, will be advantageous
- Salary commensurate with experience.
Forest House – Evolution
Forest House Waldorf School is a non-profit organisation which strives to offer inclusive education to all who seek it, regardless of religion, political background or culture. The school is the first Waldorf school in Hong Kong duly registered with the Education Bureau and is recognised by the International Forum for Waldorf/Steiner Education in Switzerland, as well as being an associate member of Steiner Education Australia.
The school is growing steadily, and there are now over 60 students for the academic year of 2021/22 receiving primary school education in our small campuses in the beautiful countryside - Sai Kung, Hong Kong - a community full of vital knowledge and wisdom of the land.
We have completed our first 7 year-cycle, and according to the strategic plan of the second 7 years, from 2021 to 2028, the school aims to expand its classes from primary school to the middle school to reach the capacity of 160+ students.
General Remarks for Candidates
1. Closing date for applications: open until filled
2. Please send your letter of application together with a CV to email@example.com.
3. Short-listed candidates will be invited to interviews with the trustees, the principals, and head of the Mandarin team. These interviews may be done online or in person. The candidates will be invited to visit the school for a second interview and/or teach a demonstration lesson. If necessary, we will reimburse the travel and hotel costs.
4. For more information about our school, please visit the website www.foresthouse.edu.hk .
Your application has been successfully submitted.