HS Student Counselor
Pasadena Waldorf School is seeking a professional School Counselor to help us optimize our attention to and care for the social- emotional health of our students. This person would work with the Class advisors and high school administration to close the circle of care for our young adults. This will be a part-time role for the 2022/23 school year.
Responsibilities for School Counselor:
- respond effectively to crises affecting students
- provide mental health and behavioral counseling to students
- recognize and appropriately take care of individual students' socio-emotional challenges
- Communicate effectively with families to support student well-being
-submit referrals to outside agencies as necessary for students' well-being
- work withing Class counsel lessons and other classes to coordinate and facilitate helpful processes for students, such as for improving social skills or addressing behavioral challenges
- collaborate with teaching staff to determine how best to meet individual students' needs
- advise school faculty and staff to develop plans for maintaining the well-being of the student population as a whole
* Master’s Degree (required)
* Licensed School Counselor (required)
* Bilingual Spanish (preferred)
* Demonstrate critical skills and competencies that are required for
effective leadership, listening/empathy, facilitation and communication (required)
*Background in Restorative Practice or Restorative Justice (preferred)
Please send a letter of interest, resume and the contact information for three professional references to email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.