Ultimate Frisbee Coach
Title: Ultimate Frisbee Coach
Pay Rate: $28 per hour
Reports to: Summer Camp Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
When Needed: Summer 2022 (June–August)
FTE: Hourly, 30–40 hrs/wk
Seattle Waldorf School is seeking experienced and engaging ultimate frisbee coaches for our grade 5–8 Summer Ultimate programs meeting July 25–August 5, 8:15 a.m.–3:15 p.m. at Meadowbrook Park and the Seattle Waldorf School Meadowbrook campus. Summer Ultimate Camp will focus primarily on training, beginning skills, endurance, and game play.
We are looking for people who can work effectively as part of a team and independently, are experienced with ultimate frisbee, have strong leadership skills, and who are able to motivate, lead, and inspire others. We are looking for people who share our belief that a culturally rich and inclusive school community provides students with the best possible environment.
Seattle Waldorf School athletics programs span from recreational to highly competitive at the regional, state, and national levels. We strive to be inclusive and supportive while challenging our student-athletes to reach their highest potential.
Who We Are:
At Seattle Waldorf School, students become creative problem-solvers—imaginative thinkers who journey toward intellectual excellence, human compassion, and artistic skill. Our modern curriculum is rooted in tradition—for children 18 months to 18 years. We lead students on a joyful journey that fosters critical thinking, synthesis, and
creativity. We are privileged to employ some of the most highly trained Waldorf teachers in the country. Founded in Seattle in 1980, we are the only preschool through grade 12 Waldorf school in Washington. At Seattle Waldorf School we are committed to creating a community that is inclusive for all faculty, staff, families, and students, especially those who have been impacted by racism and oppression, and to create a culture that supports racial equity and gender inclusion by changing our existing systems and practices.
Our Mission: Daily we strive to inspire learning, courage, and joy in the developing human being.
Job Summary: Under minimal supervision, provides ultimate frisbee coaching for students in grades 5–8.
● Attends planning and orientation meetings prior to the start of camp
● Plans and executes developmentally appropriate drills and activities
● Supervises participants throughout the day and until they are picked up by their caregivers
● Maintains team equipment and reports any lost or damaged equipment to the Summer Camp Director
● Ensures the health and safety of participants at all times; responds to injuries according to First Aid guidelines and communicates with the Camp Director about any injuries
● Facilitates a team environment that is welcoming to all, regardless of skill level, and takes into consideration the needs of every person individually
● Teaches and upholds the values of sportsmanship, respect, and community
● Models a culture of continuous learning and striving for one’s personal best
● Communicates with the Summer Camp Director about any challenges or concerns
● Responsible for storing equipment after each practice
● Provides and maintains a warm and positive environment while establishing and managing school rules and regulations
● Observes student behavior and implements appropriate behavior management techniques
● Cares for and protects the safety of the students and is versed in emergency and disaster procedures
● Appropriately identifies and responds to any emergency
● Understands and communicates COVID-19 health and safety protocols to students, staff, and parents/caregivers, and ensures compliance
● Accepts guidance and supervision
● Performs other duties as assigned
Preferred Education & Experience:
● Experience as an ultimate frisbee player
● Teaching, coaching, or leadership experience
● Waldorf training preferred
● Current CPR and First Aid certification required*
*A CPR and First Aid course will be offered at no charge in June for all camp employees who need the training and are available to attend on the date offered.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
● Ultimate frisbee knowledge and skills
● Understanding of, and experience with, Social-Emotional Learning and Behavior Management Strategies
● Understanding of or interest in Waldorf education
● Commitment to excellence in coaching, parent education and dialogue, self-development, and collegial cooperation
● Strong leadership skills
● Excellent verbal communication skills
● Ability to work in a hands-on team environment
● Possessing a level of cultural competency necessary for working with a diverse population in an inclusive and equitable community
o We have a diverse student body, and we want all our teachers and coaches to have the skills necessary to ensure that their programs are safe and inclusive places for everyone
o We seek teachers and coaches who are aware of the racial, socio-economic, gender, and other inequities present in education, and actively work to eliminate these in their programs
● Ability to maintain confidential information
● Ability to work and communicate well with student athletes and their parents
● Flexibility, maturity, and a sense of humor
● Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
● Ability to work outside in all weather
● Ability to travel locally
If that sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
To Apply: Interested candidates should respond immediately by email to email@example.com with a letter of interest, resume, and employment application, available on the school website at
Thank you for your interest in Seattle Waldorf School and our Extracurricular Programs. Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins, please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.