Part-Time - Full-Time
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
1. A deep understanding of the Waldorf Curriculum and Anthroposophy;
2. A holistic and collegial approach to professional development;
3. An orientation to bringing together differing perspectives and diverse ways of knowing in order to create a new, collective understanding;
4. Excellent communication skills, oral and written;
5. Reliability (follow through on initiatives and requests, etc.);
6. Critical thinking;
7. A cooperative spirit
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Oversight of Professional Development:
• Facilitate the Mentoring Program (oversee the liaison of the mentors and teachers)
• Pedagogical Development of faculty
• Work with Committees and individuals to carry out school wide-projects and initiatives
• Maintain an awareness of on-going curriculum and pedagogical innovations in both the Waldorf and wider educational communities
• Support the resolution of individual or class-wide parent concerns in conjunction with the class teacher, as pertains to curriculum
• Oversee the development of a “Waldorf Academy Teacher-Training” program
2. Oversight of Parent Education
3. Administrative Oversight:
• Evolve body of social structures and policies to ensure consistency, coherence, continuity, and quality of curriculum delivery
• Promote inclusive and differentiated learning
Join Our Community at Waldorf Academy
Waldorf Academy is a member of the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America® and for over thirty years has built its mission on the pedagogical insights of Rudolf Steiner to which all our teachers study and bring to life in the classrooms.
In pursuit of this mission Waldorf Academy seeks Waldorf-trained teachers primarily, however, we will consider traditionally trained teachers (B.Ed.) who have made a long-term decision to pursue Waldorf training and a career as a Waldorf teacher.
Annual professional development is an expectation of all practicing teachers at Waldorf Academy. Support includes mentoring, regular job performance evaluations, and financial support for approved training and workshops.
Waldorf Education® recognizes that children have distinct, age-related educational and emotional needs according to their naturally unfolding stages of development. In the grade school, a specially designed comprehensive academic, artistic, cultural, and practical curriculum encourages students to develop into creative, balanced, responsible and free-thinking individuals. Please find more about Waldorf Academy’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion here: https://waldorfacademy.org/about/diversity-equity-and-inclusion/
How to Apply:
Include in application: Resume, cover letter describing your knowledge of Waldorf Education®, a brief biography and three references (with contact information) to: email@example.com , Attn: Hiring Committee.
Please state “Pedagogy/Curriculum Leader Application” in the subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.