Grade School Math Tutor - starting immediately
This is a part-time, hourly position.
The Grade School Math Tutor works together with the Educational Support Program at the San Francisco Waldorf Grade School in small groups of Grades 4 – 8 to solidify their math skills.
• Experience working with middle-school students in an academic environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) preferably in math
• Experience working with children who may find math challenging
• Flexibility in your schedule and willingness to adapt to new circumstances.
• Patience, compassion, and empathy in dealing with students.
• Ability to explain mathematical concepts clearly with relevant examples
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Waldorf teacher certification would be ideal
EXPECTATIONS REGARDING ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS AND PROFESSIONALISM
Organizational and professional best practices are part of the tutor’s job at San Francisco Waldorf School. We require:
• Responsiveness with co-workers (e.g., return phone calls, respond to emails and texts promptly)
• Excellent time-management and organization
• Excellent record-keeping
• Discretion and confidentiality
This is a part-time hourly position with an expected commitment of no more than 6 hours per week of teaching time and meetings.
This position and carries no benefits other than those available through the San Francisco City Ordinances.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
• Be able to occasionally lift to 30 lbs.
• Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including heat and cold
• Regularly sitting or standing 4-8 hours
FLSA Classification: Not exempt from overtime; hourly
Reports to: Grade School Chair
Hired by: Grade School Steering Committee
Date Modified: February 2022
San Francisco Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We recognize that the range of ethnicities, nationalities, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance the school’s learning environment, and we are committed to fostering equity and inclusion. All minorities are encouraged to apply.
Please send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.