Grades Lead Teacher
City of Fountains School would love to welcome a Grades Lead Teacher to join a class of eager students for the 2022- 23 school year and beyond.
Located in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri, City of Fountains School (COFS) is nestled in an urban residential neighborhood. Here we strive to nourish the intrinsic curiosity, creativity and spirit of each student by providing a developmentally-appropriate academic foundation based on Waldorf education.
As an emerging school, we are looking for someone who will be instrumental in helping us continue to develop COFS and nurture a growing, diverse community of life-long learners.
Preferred candidates have:
- Classroom teaching experience and/or Waldorf experience, Waldorf teacher training or willingness to begin training
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational skills and dependability
- A broad education in the arts and sciences, B.A. preferred or equivalent experience and study
- The ability to participate in the school’s community life and festivals
- Interest in child development and self-development
- A warm and welcoming approach to students and parents
Our grades classes meet four days a week, Monday through Thursday, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The school year runs from Sept. 6, 2022, to May 26, 2023.
For the 2022-23 school year, we will offer parent/child through 8th grade classes, in addition to mixed grades homeschool enrichment classes, all in line with Waldorf education methods.
While COFS offers a competitive salary, tuition remission, Kansas City offers an excellent quality of life. The low cost of living makes it a desirable place for anyone seeking a creative, active community. Boasting more than 12,200 acres of parkland and 158 miles of trails and bikeways within city limits, there is ample space to explore the landscape during all four seasons. Kansas Citians understand the importance of local harvest and sustainability ensuring the food scene is both progressive and impressive – organic farmers have teamed up with many restaurants to bring a Midwest farm-to-table experience. (Our students often visit these local farms, too!) The abundant art, culture and history museums round out this vibrant, thriving place we call home.
Interested candidates should send their resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.