Director of Communications and Marketing
The Waldorf School of Garden City and Camp Glen Brook
Seeks a Director of Communications and Marketing
Join a team of professionals to communicate the vision of the School through digital and experiential marketing, written publications and advertisements, and social media. The ideal candidate is a seasoned marketing professional who can develop and implement a strategic marketing and communication plan designed to promote enrollment, retention, and fundraising. The Director must be a strategic thinker and strong writer who conceives creative approaches to promote brand identity and raise the visibility of the School across multiple constituencies and external audiences. This position reports to the School Administrator and is a member of the Senior Administrative and Emergency Response Teams.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications and/or Marketing or a related field required, master’s preferred.
• 5+ years marketing and communications experience in an independent school setting preferred.
• Art direction and/or graphic design experience a must.
• Strong fluency with Microsoft Office Suite programs, Adobe Software (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign/Acrobat), Quark on a PC platform.
• Proficiency utilizing Blackbaud Core for communications, HubSpot for customer relationship management, and WordPress for website maintenance preferred OR compatible platforms.
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
• Meticulous attention to the accuracy and visual presentation of all communications.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and collaborate with colleagues daily.
• Initiative, sound judgment, and ability to respond calmly and resourcefully in an environment with shifting priorities.
• Ease with accommodating multiple requests and competing priorities.
• Understand and implement comprehensive digital marketing plan including the creation and/or management of SEO, SEM, drip marketing, enhanced social media, and remarketing campaigns to strategically target and engage potential families.
• Utilize HubSpot Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to streamline and organize inquiries, track, and measure quantitative success, analyze trends, and find opportunities for growth.
• Understand and utilize Google Analytics and, in conjunction with HubSpot, 3rd party marketing data, and Admissions, create regular comprehensive data analysis reports and present findings to the school administration and Board.
• Write and/or edit and proofread regular blog posts, event coverage, press releases, internal and external e-mails, school statements, marketing copy, annual report articles and other as needed.
• Manage WordPress website and microsites ensuring content is up to date, on brand, user friendly, optimized for search engines, is compatible with CRM software and integrated with Blackbaud.
• Provide art direction, creative design, and content (print and digital) in support of Marketing, Development, and Admissions initiatives such as curriculum guides, event journals, invitations, print advertising, e-news updates, welcome packets, annual report, and digital ads while maintaining brand standards.
• Managing Editor and Art Director for the Annual Report.
• Manage and create annual print and online academic calendar.
• Create annual printed academic calendar for community.
• Work closely with 3rd party marketing partners, videographers, and photographers as needed to create content that represents the School, educates, and engages.
• Maintain relationships with news and magazine outlets.
• Manage Marketing/Admissions budget.
• Oversee the academic, social media, and marketing calendars, and monthly e-newsletter ensuring brand standards are maintained and School mission is at the forefront.
• Supervise IT Communications Manager and Social Media Manager/Photographer ensuring timely, accurate communications and online presence that reflects school mission.
• Create promotional and development materials for Glen Brook and provide guidance for marketing, web, and other as needed.
• Manage the school’s mobile app and emergency communications sending voice messages, texts, push notifications, and/or e-mails as needed.
• Manage large projects as needed (e.g., annual marketing project, website redesign, testimonial videos, student information database)
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Interested applicants should send a resume, (3) professional references, a short writing sample and a letter of interest to: Nicole Littrean at email@example.com.
To learn more about The Waldorf School of Garden City visit our website: www.waldorfgarden.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.