First Grade Teacher
Grades Teacher 2022/23
Hartsbrook School is seeking a full-time Waldorf-trained elementary school class teacher for the 2021-2022 school year.
The Hartsbrook School is a pre-K to grade 12 school all on one campus. We are situated on 54-acres of farmland, woodland, fields and streams and have beautiful views of the Holyoke mountain range. We are located in the five-college area of the beautiful Pioneer Valley, which offers many world-class cultural events, restaurants, movies, galleries and boutiques, dance, music, and theater as well as hiking, kayaking, swimming and other outdoor adventures. Our faculty and staff are a multi-generational group who strive to support each other in our shared work and who would warmly welcome new colleagues to share the gifts that our school offers to its community and beyond.
Key Competencies include:
- Clearly communicate with students, colleagues and parents
- Commit to each student individually, throughout their years of school
- Create lively, interactive lesson plans
- Continue on the path of self-development and be willing to adapt teaching methods to meet the needs of the students
- Be willing to collaborate with colleagues and parents to ensure student progress
- Maintain a beautiful classroom space
- Have a strong sense of community and shared mission
- Be enthusiastic about learning and commit to continuing professional development
- Work collaboratively with other faculty and school administrators
- Typical hours for the position are 7:45-3:30pm. Weekend and afterschool hours are required for parent meetings, faculty meetings, department meetings, and all-school events. Teachers are expected to do lesson planning outside of regular classroom hours.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, Waldorf teacher training, and prior teaching experience at a Waldorf School Please reach out if you have some but not all of these qualifications as we look into positions beyond the next school year. .We are seeking teachers who are open to becoming Waldorf trained and who have a true dedication to the children we serve.
Benefits include employer contributions to health and dental plans, short-term and long-term disability insurance, sick time, and professional development funding. Generous tuition remission is available for eligible children enrolling at Hartsbrook. Being part of thoughtful and engaged faculty and community.
Please visit our website for application instructions and to learn more about Hartsbrook. https://www.hartsbrook.org/about/employment/
The Hartsbrook School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We recognize that the range of ethnicities, nationalities, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance the school’s learning environment, and we are committed to fostering equity and inclusion. People of color and others underrepresented in our community are encouraged to apply. The Hartsbrook School is dedicated to dismantling racism and oppression, to continuing to learn and grow and ask the difficult questions of ourselves, our communities, and the world.
Lower School - Grades 1-5Middle School - Grades 6-8U.S.A.
Your application has been successfully submitted.