Lead Preschool Teacher
Spirit of the Lake Community School is excited to announce an open position for a Lead Preschool Teacher for the 2022-23 school year.
The Preschool Lead is responsible for the life of his/her/their class. This includes:
• Planning the daily, weekly and seasonal rhythms of the class inspired by the principles of Waldorf pedagogy.
• Following St. Louis County Family Child Care licensing requirements for classroom
• Observing and making notes of each student’s progress and development
• Caring for each individual student’s growth
• Building students’ self-esteem through positive guidance and nurturing the whole child
• Implementing positive behavioral discipline techniques
• Providing a safe and secure environment where students feel comfortable
• Providing daily supervised outdoor play appropriate to the season and weather
• Planning, preparing and leading appropriate activities for the class based on developmental level of the students
• Planning and leading early childhood festivals, including birthdays
• Organizing and carrying out parent/teacher conferences twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring, to discuss their child’s development
• Communicating weekly with parents, providing parent education and leading parent meetings three times a year
• Caring for the classroom and other early childhood areas to make sure that equipment and toys are well-maintained, clean and safe
• Providing a snack and lunch to the students based on the EC program menu
• Ordering needed classroom supplies
• Teaching children in a formal educational setting, family childcare or center
• Working within a community environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, or related field
• Waldorf Teacher Training Certification (or interest to initiate and complete training)
Spirit of the Lake Community School is located near the shores of Lake Superior in Duluth, MN. This area offers proximity to numerous outdoor and recreational activities while boasting a thriving arts community; numerous small, local businesses; a diverse local music scene; a robust health and wellness community; and an ever growing consciousness around sustainable lifestyles. Our community is full of the richness and beauty of the natural world, which inspires our daily work as well as our school’s mission and vision. SLCS is an independent, community-based school that is deeply inspired by Rudolf Steiner's indications and serves children Preschool age to 8th grade.
This position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, full tuition remission for dependent children attending SLCS, professional development stipend, and HSA.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume, and three references to the Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spirit of the Lake Community School is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.