1st Grade Class Teacher
Mojave Springs School, in Las Vegas, Nevada, is seeking an experienced teacher to take its 2022-2023 1st Grade class. We are a pioneering school, a Registered Initiative with AWSNA and an Associate Member of WECAN. As a young and growing school, next year’s 1st Grade Class Teacher will have the opportunity to contribute significantly to the growth of our lovely, young school - the first in the Las Vegas Valley dedicated to the Waldorf curriculum. The class will be small.
The Las Vegas Valley sits in the eastern Mojave Desert, a dry desert climate, surrounded by stark, powerful, and dramatic mountains. Some of the most beautiful of the western US landscape is 1 to 4 hours’ drive - Grand Canyon, Death Valley, and Utah’s Zion, Glen Canyon, and Grand Staircase-Escalante Parks. The extraordinary Red Rock Canyon NCA and Hoover Dam/Lake Mead are within minutes of city limits.
In building a Waldorf Grades program, we understand the value of having an experienced Waldorf Class Teacher join our two other experienced Class Teachers and our Waldorf-trained Early Childhood Lead Teaching staff.
The following qualifications are desired:
- love of working with the children and love for the profession
- Waldorf Class Teaching or Subject teaching experience
- Waldorf training or training in progress
- minimum Bachelor’s degree
- familiarity with Anthroposophy
- willing mentee and/or mentor, and insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- supportive of colleagues
- desire to participate in the building of the school
- appreciation of the work load and strength in execution
If you feel drawn to the challenge of taking a 1st Grade class at a pioneering school, and drawn to the subtle powers of the southwestern United States, please send:
- letter of introduction/brief biography
- 3 references; contact information and/or written references
Your application has been successfully submitted.