Assistant to the Director/Substitute Teacher
This job is no longer accepting applications.
River Song is looking to hire an Assistant to the Director/In-House Substitute Teacher
River Song is a non-profit Waldorf early childhood program that emphasizes creative play as an early foundation for creative thinking. River Song offers mixed-age preschool classes for children 2 ½ - 6 years of age. We are adjacent to a natural area that includes the Spring Creek Trail, a wonderful source for water play, discovery and observation of wildlife and seasonal change. Our classrooms hold 14 students per day and we have a teacher to child ratio of 1:7.
Expectations, Skills and Responsibilities
This is a new position we have created to assist the Director and Teachers in the running of the school. We are looking for a gentle and loving individual to join our team of Waldorf early educators. Must be ECT (Early Childhood Teacher) qualified by the State of Colorado, or willing to become qualified. Director certification is a bonus!
The ideal candidate will also:
● Have an interest and understanding of Waldorf education philosophy.
● Have a love of nature and be willing to explore with the children, even in inclement weather.
● Demonstrate warmth, compassion and clarity in working with both children and adults.
● Work cohesively with the Director and Teachers to create an environment of warmth, love, and safety for the children.
● Communicate clearly, verbally and in writing, to co-workers and parents alike.
● Be able to take instruction from the Director to assist in running aspects of the facility as well as from Teachers when working in the classroom.
● Be organized, with strong time-management skills and an eye for detail.
● Observe and care for our children’s physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual development and well-being.
● Contribute to monthly faculty meetings and festivals.
● Have an understanding/background in administrative duties and the ability to move between working in the classroom and assisting the Director.
● Is able to think ahead and complete tasks that will help create a smooth and efficient environment.
● Have flexible availability M-F from 7:45am-6:00pm (schedule will be determined within those parameters, 6-8 hrs/day, but may change week to week based on staffing/subbing needs). Some mandatory festivals and events will happen after our regular business hours but are planned in advance for ample notice.
This is a year-round salaried position at 30 hours per week with the potential of 40 hours per week if more substitute time is needed. Salary starts at a minimum of $14/hr, increasing based on education and experience. Must be able to pass a full background check.
· Free tuition
· Health & vision insurance as well as a discounted dental plan
· Paid time off around the holidays (including: Thanksgiving, a 2 week winter break and a week for spring break)
· Additional paid vacation/sick leave (PTO)
· Paid training opportunities for on-going professional development, including towards Waldorf ECE/Director certification.
"River Song is commended upon the harmonious relationships visible among the staff. This is a happy building with happy teachers and children. The teachers' enjoyment of one another and commitment to support each other's work is palpable." ~ From our most recent WECAN (Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America) site visit report.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please contact Becky via email or phone with any questions. (970) 407-9185.
Learn more about River Song at www.riversongwaldorf.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.