Preschool Lead Teacher - Sunflower Classroom
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hello dear teachers!
Come join our team at Circle fo Friends in beautiful Bend, Oregon.
We are currently hiring for a lead position for our Sunflower preschool morning program.
We are a Waldorf early childhood center licensed to support children from 2yo to 6yo, and with capacity for 4 classes.
Our morning program goes from 9am to 1pm. We also offer extended care: early drop off from 7:45 - 9am and aftercare 1pm to 5:30pm.
We are looking for a candidate with lead teaching qualifications to enrich the services we provide to our wonderful families. We are looking for a candidate that can create a safe and warm environment for the children, providing age-appropriate Waldorf curriculum. We support teachers to continue their professional development and offer flexibility in terms of hours. Teacher who wish to work more hours can combine morning hours with hours in our extended care program.
Salary varies depending on experience and is based on 140 hours, which includes 25 hours a week of classroom time (M-F, 8:30 - 1:30), faculty meetings every other week (faculty meetings are 1hour long and online), school festivals/celebrations and prep hours.
Must have or be WILLING to acquire:
• Knowledge of Waldorf education thru handouts/trainings
• Ability to work with parents
• Interest and skills in singing, and skills in organizing activities and transitions
• Registration on the Oregon background check registry.
• Current first aid and CPR training, or the ability to obtain certification in the first 30 days of employment.
• Current food handler’s card.
• Completed Recognizing Child Abuse and Neglect course.
Must have one or more of the following
• Experience teaching in a Waldorf program
• Experience teaching 3 – 4 year olds in group setting for 12 months
• Experience teaching 3 – 4 year olds in group setting for 6 months, and/or completed college level training in child development
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment.
We look forward to hearing from you and having you join our wonderful team.
Please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.