Nevada Sage Waldorf School is currently seeking an experienced Faculty Administrator.
The Faculty Administrator serves in key leadership roles at NSWS, working out of a model of servant leadership, representing and advocating for the faculty, and serving on the Leadership Group. It is expected that the Faculty Administrator manifests the personal character, and breadth of teaching and administrative experience to effectively support the faculty and administrative realms. This individual provides leadership in the cultural life of the faculty ensuring that their realm is functioning in a healthy and positive manner. The person who serves in this role is proficient in change management, conflict resolution, managing multiple projects, team building and organization.
Professional Development & Teacher Training
- oversee all aspects of faculty professional development, including classroom observations, mentoring and evaluations.
- ensure availability of effective teacher mentoring and/or peer partnering
- advocate for and facilitate teacher training
Communication & Accountability
- model and uphold healthy lines of communication
- support direct communication whenever possible
- ensure joint forums of conversations as needed
- initiate follow-up on concerns and sensitive issues
Student & Parent Support
- support faculty by addressing concerns regarding parent-faculty relations
- oversee student support and proper follow-up and documentation
- provide community with pedagogical understanding, inspiration & insight
- oversee development of parent education events
Delegate Administrative Work
- enlists the help of all lead, salaried faculty members in administrative work
- facilitates development of mandate committees to support faculty administrative work
- support faculty accountability relating to administrative type projects
Hiring and Recruitment
- lead Hiring and Recruitment Committee for faculty hires
- oversee orientation of new faculty
- facilitate faculty exit interviews
- facilitate pedagogical budgeting
- provide leadership in determining salaries
- provide leadership in determining school programs, assessing their requirements and prioritizing their funding
- Fully trained Waldorf teacher with significant classroom experience
- Experience in mentoring and evaluating teachers
- Understanding and willingness to work out of Waldorf tenants and Anthroposophy
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates strength in administrative capacities, including being well organized, and able to effectively manage multiple projects
- Demonstrates commitment to collaboration, objectivity, relationship, and consensus building, as well as conflict resolution.
Must pass a federal background check and return a negative TB test.
Health insurance, financial support for professional development, and tuition remission.
Nevada Sage Waldorf School is 22-years-old and offers programming from nursery through grade 8. At our school, you will find an enriching educational culture with engaged and happy students and a dedicated faculty. Our parents are enthusiastic and involved, and our board is supportive and visionary. As a Full Member of WECAN and an Associate Member of AWSNA, our school continues to grow under the guidance of the wider Waldorf movement. NSWS is located in the sunny Reno-Tahoe area at the foot of the magnificent Sierra Nevada mountain range and within the beautiful high desert.
To apply for this position, please email a letter of interest, brief biography, curriculum vitae and three references to email@example.com. Include “Faculty Administrator” in the subject of the email.
To learn more about our school, visit our website at nevadasagewaldorf.org. We look forward to receiving your application!
Your application has been successfully submitted.