Middle School Math Teacher
The Mathematics Teacher is a full-time teaching position at the San Francisco Waldorf Grade School. The Mathematics Teacher will teach eighteen mathematics lessons per week to grades 6 through 8, delivered through the methods and sequenced content of the Waldorf curriculum.
The San Francisco Waldorf School (SFWS) was founded in 1979 and serves more than 450 students across a parent-child program, a nursery program, kindergarten, and the first through twelfth grades. The grade school campus is in the Pacific Heights neighborhood and is easily accessible via Muni lines.
· Preparation of the syllabus before the school year begins.
· Preparation of classes, including preparation/clean-up of the classroom
· Consistent evaluation of student progress
· Possess and use effective classroom management techniques
· Provide discipline during class
· Provide a narrative evaluation for each student at the end of the year and in November for parent conferences.
· Attend parent conferences during the November conference week and as requested during the school year
· Attend weekly Faculty meeting
· Participate in weekly Subject Teacher’s meetings
· Be present on campus five days a week, consistent with 1 FTE
· Additional duties as assigned, including recess supervision, meeting attendance
· Substitution - Substitute during main lesson as requested. Teachers are expected to be available for more duties when teaching fewer periods.
· Observations - Attend and observe at least two main lesson classes per year in grades 6-8
· Mentoring - Meet with mentor teacher weekly throughout the year. The Math Teacher should also meet with the Mentor Teacher before the school year begins to clearly define and discuss goals, expectations, workload, responsibilities, and performance evaluation. In addition, the Math Teacher should share course syllabi, relevant materials, and information pertaining to the curriculum.
· Street Duties and Recess Duties - Supervise dismissal and recess
· Budget - Manage budget and supplies for the Math program.
· Maintain Classroom/Office/Workspace - Maintain all materials and equipment for the Math program and store equipment in an organized manner.
· Mid-Year and End of Year Reports - The Math Teacher writes student evaluation reports semi-annually for all grades classes. Narrative evaluations are to be turned into the office one week after the end of the year.
· Attend Parent Education and Admission Events (Weekend / Evening)
8:00am-3:45pm on Teaching Days. Weekend and evening days as scheduled.
School Year: Faculty members are expected to be available to work on assigned teaching days from the start of the school year until the end as defined by the all-school calendar. Faculty members are expected to be in town and available for meetings, starting mid-August with the all-school faculty meetings and to be in town and available for end of year meetings, the week after 8th grade graduation.
· Waldorf Teacher Training required
· Bachelor’s Degree or Single Subject Credential for Mathematics
· Enthusiasm and flexibility
This is a full-time position (1FTE). Benefits include medical, dental, voluntary vision, flexible spending plans, retirement plan (employer contributions after one year of employment), and tuition remission for eligible dependents. Salaries are paid on a 12-month schedule.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
· Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
· Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including heat and cold
· Regularly sitting or standing 4-8 hours
FLSA Classification: Faculty; Exempt from overtime
Reports to: Grade School Chair
Hired by: Grade School Steering Committee
Date Modified: February 2022
San Francisco Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We recognize that the range of ethnicities, nationalities, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance the school’s learning environment, and we are committed to fostering equity and inclusion.
Please send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.