TWO full-time teachers for Elementary grades in gorgeous Ithaca, NY
Teaching opportunity in gorgeous ITHACA, New York!
Full-time Teacher for Elementary Grades starting August 1st, 2022
Beginning: August 1st, 2022
The Ithaca Waldorf School (www.ithacawaldorf.org) is seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic Elementary Grades Teacher. Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree or higher, and have multiple years of successful grades teaching experience, preferably in a Waldorf School. Candidates should possess a Waldorf teaching certificate, or be willing to obtain one. Currently, the Ithaca Waldorf school extends from Grade One through Eight, in addition to providing full day Early Childhood programs, which are fully accredited by the Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America (www.waldorfearlychildhood.org).
The independent, not-for-profit Ithaca Waldorf School is authorized by the New York State Department of Education to provide instruction through eighth grade. IWS is currently an Associate Member School of the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (www.waldorfeducation.org . The Ithaca Waldorf School is nestled in the New York Finger Lakes on an 80-acre organic campus composed of field, forest and a biodynamic educational farm (www.youthfarmproject.org). Our Faculty, Administration and Board enjoy a warm collegial relationship and work collaboratively to strengthen the school’s growth.
● BA or BS required
● Masters in Education preferred
● Waldorf Teaching Certificate preferred
● Waldorf teaching experience preferred
● Experience teaching students in Grades 1-5
● Teaching, interpersonal, and class management skills
● Strong communication and organizational skills
● Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
● Joining a dynamic Faculty during an exciting time of school expansion ● Salary commensurate with experience (base = $33,425 with $500 increments added for experience) up to $43,260
● Health benefits, including optional vision & dental plans
● Tuition remission
● Simple IRA retirement plan
● Professional development funds
Ithaca is home to Cornell University and Ithaca College, which offer our community a rich cultural life. The city is situated at the foot of beautiful Cayuga Lake, and is a wonderful place to raise a family. (www.visitithaca.com)
We welcome qualified applicants to email a letter of interest, resume, three references including most recent school employer, and a brief biography by Friday, May 6th, to the IWS Hiring Committee at email@example.com.
The Ithaca Waldorf School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or handicapping conditions in its educational programs or employment. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment that is unrelated to the ability to engage in activities involved in the position or program to which application has been made.
Your application has been successfully submitted.