Part Time Reading and Instructional Support Teacher- Ithaca, NY
Teaching opportunity in gorgeous ITHACA, New York!
Part Time Reading and Instructional Support Teacher
August 1st, 2022
The Ithaca Waldorf School (IWS) is seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic Reading and Instructional Support teacher to fill a part time position for approximately 10-15 hours/week. Training or experience in explicit, phonics and research-based reading instruction and a NY State teaching certification in Reading is required. Some knowledge of, or interest in Waldorf education is preferred. Applicants should have teaching experience with children ages 6-14, and enjoy working collaboratively with a dedicated team of teachers in a small, supportive and close knit school community.
· Delivering individual and/or small group reading instruction (+/- math instruction pending experience and school need)
· Monitoring progress for all students 2-3x year using the DIBELS screening tool
· Attending CSE meetings for IWS students with IEPs
· Maintaining contact with families regarding their child’s learning needs and progress
· Providing end of year progress reports for their students
· Attending parent-teacher conferences where appropriate
· Supporting classroom teachers in identifying and accommodating learning needs in their students, and adapting or adding resources to best support a wide range of learners
· Joining a dynamic, collegiate faculty and administration during an exciting time of school expansion
· Hourly wage commensurate with experience (starting at $30/hour)
· Health benefits, including optional vision & dental plans
· Tuition remission
· Simple IRA retirement plan
· Professional development funds
The independent, not-for-profit Ithaca Waldorf School is authorized by the New York State Department of Education to provide instruction through Grade 8. A fully-accredited member of the Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America, IWS is currently an associate member school within the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America. The Ithaca Waldorf School is nestled in the New York Finger Lakes on an 80-acre organic campus composed of fields, forests and an educational farm.
Applicants should email a letter of interest, resume, three references including most recent school employer, a brief biography to the IWS Hiring Committee at email@example.com by May 13th, 2022
The Ithaca Waldorf School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or handicapping conditions in its educational programs or employment. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any impairment that is unrelated to the ability to engage in activities involved in the position or program to which application has been made.
Your application has been successfully submitted.