Movement/Games Teacher Position for Fall 2022 in northeast Los Angeles
This job is no longer accepting applications.
El Rio Community School, a K-8 school in northeast Los Angeles, California, is hiring a Movement/Games Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. This is a full-time position with benefits, including dental, medical, vision, and matching 403(b) retirement plan.
● The Movement Teacher will be responsible for teaching grades 1 through 5 during the 2022-2023 school year; 14 teaching periods per week, plus prep periods and other duties as assigned.
● The candidate will ideally have an understanding of child development based on the philosophy of Waldorf education
● Be creative in developmentally appropriate movement curriculum that encourages enthusiastic participation and develops self-esteem
● Manage budget, equipment, and overall program coordination
● Participate in training for the 5th grade Pentathlon. Organize logistics of event as well and travel to and from the event location. These are yearly, multi-school events.
● Assist with all assembly and festival preparations
● Attend weekly Faculty Meetings
● Participate in weekly Subject Teacher meetings
● Attend Parent Teacher Conferences during conference week and throughout the year as needed
● Classroom Observations
● Be present on campus five days a week
● Parent Education (Weekend /Evening, as needed)
● Substitution, as needed
● Participation in recess duties, school assemblies, and substitutions based on FTE school guidelines
· Substitution - Substitute during main lesson as requested. Teachers are expected to be available for more duties when teaching fewer periods.
· Observations - Attend and observe at least two main lesson classes per year
· Mentoring - Meet with mentor teacher weekly throughout the year. The Games Teacher should also meet with the Mentor Teacher before the school year begins to clearly define and discuss goals, expectations, workload, responsibilities, and performance evaluation. In addition, the Games Teacher should share course syllabi, relevant materials, and information pertaining to the curriculum.
· Supervision Duties and Recess Duties - Supervise dismissal and recesses
· Budget - Manage budget and supplies for the Games program
· Maintain Classroom/Office/Workspace - Maintain all materials and equipment for the Games program and store equipment in an organized manner.
· Mid-Year and End of Year Reports - The Games Teacher writes student evaluation reports semi-annually for all grades classes. Narrative evaluations are to be turned into the office one week after the end of the year.
· Attend Parent Education and Admission Events (Weekend / Evening)
School Year: Faculty members are expected to be available to work on assigned teaching days from the start of the school year until the end as defined by the all-school calendar. Faculty members are expected to be in town and available for meetings, starting early-August with the all-school faculty meetings and to be in town and available for end of year meetings, the week after graduation.
● Waldorf Teacher Training/Physical Education Experience Preferred
● Bachelor’s Degree Required/Enrollment in CA teaching credential intern program
● Training in Spacial Dynamics and/or Bothmer Gymnastics would be helpful but not required
Benefits and Compensation
This position is full time. Benefits include medical, dental, flexible spending plans, voluntary vision, retirement plan. Salaries are paid on a 10 or 12-month schedule, depending on what you elect
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
● Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
● Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including heat and cold
● Regularly standing 4-8 hours
Reports to/hired by: Executive Director
Please send cover letter, resume, and letters of reference with contact information to Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about the position, please call 323.366.0166 to reach our office.
Your application has been successfully submitted.