Grades Support Teacher
Grades Support Teacher
The Waldorf School of Tampa Bay is a 24-year old, AWSNA member school serving age 3 through Grade 8 on a forested campus, in an urban, seaside location. We have been consistently open and teaching in-person, on-campus classes outdoors since August 2020, and are experiencing tremendous growth during this time. We are looking for experienced teachers who hold a Bachelor’s degree (or higher,) are passionate about Waldorf education, and long to be part of our thriving community for years to come.
The Grades Support teacher supports multiple lead grades teachers in Morning Lesson, Skills/Practice session, transitions, social time and more. This is an ideal position for a candidate considering Waldorf Teacher Training Certification and a life of Waldorf Grades teaching, but desiring a year to “test drive” the Waldorf Grades world. The candidate should model qualities such as self-discipline, creativity, imagination, respectfulness, gratitude, interest in the world, reverence for all things, personal reflection, development, an ongoing inner practice, and a willingness to work.
This is a full-time, hourly position for school months (36 weeks of teaching,) with additional hours available, if desired. Regular hours are Monday through Friday from 7:45am – 3:30pm, with one afternoon meeting until 5pm. The intention would be to hire a candidate looking for a softer start to a Waldorf teaching career, but keen on growing in their capacities to teach, for training and certification, and committing to our school long term.
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in education or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years experience working with children in an educational setting.
• A willingness to work with children age 6.5 - 13 years, and be an adaptable “Jack/Jill of All Trades” in that this position requires the ability to be flexible and pivot easily as lead teachers and classes’ needs change.
• A deep commitment to Waldorf principles and an interest in self-development.
• Good interpersonal/communication skills
• Deliver Waldorf curriculum as planned and prepared by lead teachers.
• Classroom management for grades 1 - 8.
• Willingness to assist Games/Movement, Music, Handwork, Painting, Class Plays, etc.
• Supervise snack and lunch recess.
• Supervise pick up and drop off.
Interested candidates should send their resume and three references, accompanied by a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.