Early Childhood Assistant
The Waldorf School of Tampa Bay is a 24-year old, AWSNA member school serving age 3 through Grade 8 on a forested campus, in an urban, seaside location. We have been consistently open and teaching in-person, on-campus classes outdoors since August 2020, and are experiencing tremendous growth during this time. We are looking for experienced teachers who hold a Bachelor’s degree (or higher,) are passionate about Waldorf education, and long to be part of our thriving community for years to come.
- Full-Time, Hourly Position
- 7:45am - 3:30pm Monday through Friday
- 39 working weeks: 36 teaching and 3 work weeks.
- Receiving children at 8am
- Preparing Snack
- Snack at 10:30am,
- Circle time and setting up for rest
- Lunch at 12pm,
- Rest time from 1 - 2:30pm.
- Dismissal and Tidy Up.
The Early Childhood assistant will have the responsibility for assisting the Kindergarten teacher with children of ages 3 years to 6 years with a consistent daily Kindergarten rhythm congruent with Waldorf philosophy, and using Waldorf methods.
This is a full-time position for school months. Regular hours are Monday through Friday from 7:45am – 3:30pm. Early Childhood Assistants do not participate in faculty meetings, unless requested. Two work weeks should be reserved for before the first day of school, and one work week after the last day of school annually. This position requires consistent work attendance in order to provide stability and rhythm to the class.
- Experience working in a Waldorf school.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working with children in an educational setting
- A deep commitment to Waldorf principles and interest in self development
- Good interpersonal/communication skills and a desire to contribute to the school through festivals and committee work.
- Commitment to The Waldorf School of Tampa Bay and the Early Childhood program.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide Kindergarten Lead teacher with support during daily indoor and outdoor play, as he/she requests, based on how their classroom is run.
- Maintain a consistent, daily and weekly rhythm for children enrolled.
- Experience working with children of ages 3 to 6 years
- Knowledge of and adherence to the school’s policies regarding social inclusion and mindful discipline
- Consistently demonstrate patience, and a kind and measured voice when dealing with children and parents.
- Singing to the children, moving with the children in daily Circle, giving foot rubs at rest time, and regularly engaging in handwork and crafts.
- Keeping indoor and outdoor classroom extremely clean and tidy throughout the day and week.
- Aid Lead teacher in creating a warm and welcoming drop-off/pick-up routine.
- Kindergarten Associates may attend Parent Teacher Conferences and participate in other parent communications and engagement as training.
- Report to the Administrator as to hours worked weekly
- Adhere to Florida standards and regulations for the operation of a Kindergarten.
- Be willing to work inside and outside, as the weather and School’s Health & Safety Plan necessitate.
- Be willing to work in a mask-optional environment.
- Willingness to work in a consensus model.
- Able to collaborate with Lead Teacher, all EC faculty on a daily basis, as well as for the coordination of outdoor use, festivals, special events and more.
- Willingness to exemplify and model adaptability and resilience, and to make changes to curriculum, teaching style, classroom management, etc., when the situation warrants.
Interested candidates should send their resume and three references, accompanied by a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.