Part Time Marketing and Communications Manager
Gathering Waters Charter School
Title: Part-Time Marketing and Communications Manager Reports to: School Principal
Position Purpose and Scope
The Part-Time Marketing and Communications Manager oversees all marketing, communications and outreach initiatives of the Gathering Waters Charter School. Using the school’s strategic plan as a guide, the Marketing and Communication Manager will provide vision, leadership, planning and management of comprehensive outreach initiatives to support enrollment and advancement goals.
As part of a dynamic administrative team, the Marketing and Communications Manager will develop systems and processes that allow for streamlining and strategy, creativity and collaboration.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
Marketing and Communication Overview
● Oversee and manage whole-school branding campaign
● Develop short-, medium- and long-term marketing and communication goals and action plans
● Provide oversight, maintenance and regular assessment of the school’s website for both content and structure
● Oversee the school’s social media presence; measure impact, report results and make recommendations
● Lead design and coordinate installation of internal and external signage
● Oversee the coordination of all marketing and communications purchase orders and supplies; maintain relationships with vendors
● Oversee Marketing, Enrollment and Outreach related budgets
● Lead marketing initiatives for enrollment based on research and emerging marketing strategies, with continuous analysis of effectiveness and reporting on results
● Oversee ongoing photo and video opportunities for both on- and off-site events; create and maintain photo and video archive
● Improve search engine optimization and devise/measure strategies for driving online traffic to the website
● Create and submit school announcements and press releases to media; develop relationships with local media representatives
● Support on and off-site recruitment events, including school tours, open houses and community outreach events.
● Provide ongoing marketing and communications support to the Principal and Board Development Committee for yearly events.
● Support a collaborative and creative process for all Development materials. ● Supporting fundraising efforts and cultivation activities through solicitation materials.
● Coordinate the advertising and market fundraising events through the use of various media, including traditional and social media.
● Support re enrollment through ensuring whole-school consistency, high quality messaging and utilization of on-brand communications for all internal and external communications
● Coordinate content development and distribution of all print and digital publications, including but not limited to: quarterly value-messaging pieces, school directory, handbook, newsletter, events, and mass mailers
● Monitor and respond to email@example.com email inquiries ● Perform other duties as required
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field, preferred.
● Minimum of three years’ experience in corporate or not-for-profit organizations, preferred.
● Demonstrated proficiency in design and layout software (Squarespace, In-Design, Photoshop), HTML and other coding and web content management platforms.
● Facility working with multiple forms of media, especially online.
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a solutions-oriented mindset
● Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with faculty, staff, parents, students and the public.
● Demonstrated writing and verbal communication skills.
● Must possess the ability to work successfully in a multi-faceted and sometimes high stress environment, handling multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
● Creative project management experience.
● Willingness to embrace the Gathering Waters Charter School, its pedagogical philosophy and the wider Waldorf education movement.
● Ability to represent the school and the education to a wide range of groups and individuals.
● Strong, detail oriented organization and planning skills.
● Additional school duties such as recess and periodic coverage of the Main Office reception desk, as needed.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume to:
Gathering Waters Chartered Public School
Gathering Waters Chartered Public School is an initiative member of the Alliance of Waldorf Public Education and is committed to the path to becoming a full member of the Alliance. Our region is uniquely situated to support a Waldorf-inspired charter with a wealth of knowledge and resources that are already established here, including two Waldorf teacher training programs, Antioch University-New England and The Center for Anthroposophy. Families move to the Keene area from all over the country because of the presence of organizations inspired by the philosophy that stands behind Waldorf education, including Monadnock Waldorf School, High Mowing School, Sophia’s Hearth Family Center in Keene, Camp Glenbrook in Marlborough, Kroka Expeditions in Marlow, and Badger Corporation in Gilsum. Southwestern New Hampshire is home to a well-established community that is ready and eager to support a Waldorf-inspired chartered public school and with whom we welcome the opportunity to partner.
Your application has been successfully submitted.