Middle School Lead Teacher (7th Grade)
School: The Freedom Family Cooperative (soon to be known as Raphael Springs PMA)
Location: Bee Cave, TX
The Freedom Family Cooperative is welcoming applications for a warm, joyful, and confident full-time assistant in our early childhood program beginning August 2022.
The Freedom Family Cooperative is a thriving initiative located in the Hill Country of Central Texas, with a community of dedicated parents and teachers. Founded in the fall of 2020, we serve students in Early Childhood – 8th Grade four days per week (Mon – Thur). We are a group of Waldorf devotees who honor health freedom. We are administering a traditional Steiner curriculum and do not subscribe to the “woke” liberal agenda.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with young children, possesses enthusiasm and motivation to work collaboratively with colleagues, and demonstrates a familiarity and interest in the philosophy and methods of Waldorf Early Childhood Education.
Position responsibilities include:
- Working with an integrity worthy of imitation
- Working to help prepare healthy snacks
- Maintaining general order and helping to create an esthetically beautiful environment
- Engaging with students, taking direction from the Lead Teacher regarding classroom management, conflict resolution, communication and day-to-day responsibilities
- Assisting during all teacher lead activities
- Overseeing children in the play yards and forest
- Assisting children with transitions
- Guiding children with self-care (toileting, dressing, daily routines) as needed
- Providing First Aid as necessary
- Joining an enthusiastic and supportive faculty during an exciting time of school expansion
- Professional development funds
- Priority enrollment for children of hired faculty in grades
- Tuition remission
- Two-Week Paid Leave policy
We welcome qualified applicants to email a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references who have experienced you teaching to:email@example.com
We opened this school year with 90 students - more than doubling over a summer. We now have a faculty/staff of 19. We are K-8 with stand-alone classes for K-5 and our middle school is blended for portions of their day but we are hiring for an additional lead Middle School teacher to enable each class to be on its own next school year. We have Games, Handwork, Drama, Orchestra, and Spanish.
We are currently in the process of purchasing a property and forming a PMA to protect what we are building.
MS Math Teacher
Games and Movement
F/T Kindergarten Assistant Teacher
Your application has been successfully submitted.