This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Anchorage Waldorf School is seeking a part time Orchestra Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. The ideal applicant will continue our established program with a combined 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade orchestra and a beginning strings class for the younger students in grades ¾. Ideal candidates have teaching experience and knowledge of Waldorf Education or interest in alternative education philosophies and inquiry based education. This position is perfect for someone who is looking for rewarding work with young people but who would like time to continue private studio work as well. Or, who might not want to be fully retired yet but would enjoy a part-time position helping students develop a love of music within a supportive teaching environment. We offer competitive pay and long term mentorship and support with resources.
- Work Location: Anchorage Waldorf School
- Work Status: This is a non-exempt, part-time position averaging 10-12 hours per week depending on the candidate’s desire and flexibility. Expected to teach 2 or 3 days each week to include 3 different classes for 45 minute sessions
- Host 2 concerts, a winter December and a spring May concert for families and our school community
- Pay commensurate with experience ranging from $30+ per hour
- Start Date: August 11 & 12 for Faculty In-Service Days. August 17 is our first day of school
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to effectively lead students
- Understanding of what quality program delivery for school age children entails along with behavior management and activity facilitation
- Communicate clearly, directly with students, parents, staff and faculty daily
- Ability to work as a team and independently with a group of students
- Tolerance for adversity and uncertainty– things change often and adapting to this is key to success
- Desire to work with a diverse population, age, gender, multicultural etc
- Ability to develop learning objectives and lesson plans, and create semester write-ups
- Have a demonstrated ability to teach in an artistic and enlivened manner
- Experience and interest in Waldorf pedagogy and great music classroom and orchestral skills
- Embrace collaboration with colleagues and communicate well with students, parents and staff
This is a part-time position with tuition remission. The Anchorage Waldorf School offers a beautiful campus with individual cabins, located next to Baxter Bog with access to trails, professional development, and paid sick leave.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional contacts to email@example.com, attn: Tre-C Dumais. Background check and fingerprinting required for employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.