First Grade Teacher 2022-2023
Join us at Primrose Hill School where the teacher’s voice and freedom is valued and the children come first. We are seeking a warm and nurturing individual, who possesses enthusiasm and motivation to work collaboratively with colleagues, and who demonstrates familiarity and interest in the philosophy and methods of Waldorf Education. The position offers competitive compensation and benefits, including tuition remission. This is a full time position throughout the school year, with some required work days during the summer months.
Qualifications and Specific Responsibilities:
- A Waldorf Grades Teachers Certificate. We will consider candidates who are still in training who have the recommendation of their training program, or those who are certified teachers and have relevant Waldorf experience.
- A BA or MA degree in Education.
- Five+ years in Waldorf Grades Education Teaching preferred.
- A love of children and a deep desire to support their growth, through observation and collaboration.
- A desire to grow up grade-by-grade with your students, looping with them year over year.
- The ability to self reflect, strive to grow, and to be worthy of imitation.
- A strong work ethic and the eagerness to support a growing school.
- An interest in supporting, motivating and inspiring your students
- An ability to collaborate, independently manage, and contribute in and out of the classroom.
- A strength in developing partnerships with families and colleagues.
- The desire to teach at a younger and naturally evolving school with a deep mission, motivated colleagues, and positive outlook.
- The ability to thrive in outdoor spaces, offering rhythmic routine and story-based learning.
- Present for the full school day from 8:00am-3:30pm
- Creating classroom rhythm and routine and documenting these details for reference and/or use by substitutes when needed
- Ability to follow block rotations and teach basic skills and concepts, as well as deeply connect with content in creative and illustrative ways.
- Leading creative and artistic lessons, such as painting and play practice.
- Creating a beautiful, enlivened and organized classroom environment.
- Connect with specials teachers to develop enriching activities that align with the curriculum.
- Cleaning the classroom space in collaboration with the cleaning team.
- Participate in various meetings including but not limited to Grades, All Faculty, Committee, State of School etc.
- Practice confidentiality
- Prepare reports through the use of developmental checklists and narrative descriptions, according to agreed-upon standards and share with the child’s family.
- Access resources and speak with the child’s family when special services or support may be needed.
- Understanding operational requirements such as fire drill plans, safety and health requirements.
- Develop and maintain a safe, harmonious social and emotional environment for the children
- Nature walks and exploration with the children.
- For your class, prepare for and participate in community events and festivals.
- Willingness to attend relevant education and professional development training.
Located in the gorgeous Hudson Valley, Primrose Hill School rests on 7.5 acres in the Village of Rhinebeck, NY. Our community enjoys caring for a small farm that includes a large vegetable and flower garden and horses, a sheep, bunnies and a goat. We hold the farm at the heart of our school, and work to integrate biodynamic agriculture into many aspects of our curriculum. We are spread out across three school buildings on campus and have expanded our programs to include fully equipped outdoor classrooms during warm weather months.
The Hudson Valley is one of the most beautiful, scenic areas in the US. There are endless hikes, bike routes and recreational activities, vibrant local arts and music scenes, as well as a burgeoning spiritual and holistic community. We are just 80 minutes by train from New York City and are driving distance to two major Waldorf teacher training centers: the Sunbridge Institute and Alkion Center. The Hawthorne Valley Farm/School, the Nature Institute, and several Camphill communities are close by as well.
Interested applicants should contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references.
PHS embraces the opportunity to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Non-discriminatory practices apply to all employees and applicants for employment. Likewise, the administration of personnel matters such as compensation, benefits, transfers, reductions in staff or faculty, training/education and social/recreation activities are free from discriminatory practices. Personnel decisions shall comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.