ECE Lead Teacher - 1 Year Contract Position
London Waldorf School is seeking applicants for a 1 year contract position of Early Years Lead Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year.
London Waldorf School is a vibrant learning community where education, based on a deep understanding of the developing child, integrates the intellectual with the artistic, the practical with the beautiful - fostering the ability to engage more fully in the world.
“Our highest endeavour must be to develop free human beings who are able of themselves to impart purpose and direction to their lives.”
~ Rudolf Steiner
This is a one year contract position starting July 1, 2022. Within the timeframe of this contract, there is the possibility that this will become a permanent position.
SALARIES & BENEFITS
Our salaries and benefits are comparable with those of other Waldorf Schools.
Salary is dependent on the amount and type of previous teaching experience as well as the final workload. The current starting salary for a full-time Early Years Lead Teacher is between $39,402 and $43,342 based on experience.
After 3 months of employment, salaried employees are entitled to group health and dental benefits, a long-term disability plan, and 3% pension contributions.
Tuition remission for any children attending our school is based on final workload percentage.
- Teaching experience - in a Waldorf school or other setting
- Waldorf Teacher Education Certification - AWSNA, WECAN or LifeWays accredited
- Early childhood certification with the ability to be certified with the college of ECE’s (RECE) required prior to start date
- Bachelor of Education
- A post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate
- Anthroposophical studies/courses
- Additional relevant workshops, conferences, intensives, certification
- A significant connection to Waldorf Education
- Experience leading a classroom of young children
- Creativity, flexibility and ability to take initiative
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with fellow teachers and administrators
- Demonstrated ability to work with parents to meet their questions and needs as parents
- Commitment to ongoing professional learning and development of personal professional practice
- Implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum within the Waldorf pedagogy
- Creating a rhythm of stories, circles, songs, and activities that foster the growth and development of the students
- Observing and caring for students’ physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual development and well-being
- Building a healthy class community of your students and their families
- Working cohesively with the assistant teacher to create an environment of warmth, love, and safety
- Demonstrating warmth, and compassion in working with both children and adults
- Communicating clearly, verbally and in writing with coworkers and parents
- Leading regular parent evenings and working one-on-one with parents to help facilitate a more thorough understanding of Waldorf curriculum and child development
- Serving the school through committee work, administrative responsibilities and close collegial work with the full faculty and staff
- Attending weekly faculty meetings and regular retreats and assisting with school events, including festival life, wherever possible
- Contributing to pedagogical, child and curriculum study
- Participating in ongoing professional development
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals are asked to send a letter of interest including a resume, references, and a brief biography by Sunday, May 8th, 2022, to the attention of the Hiring Committee at: email@example.com.
London Waldorf School is committed to equity in its policies, practices and procedures, supports diversity in its teaching, learning and work environments and ensures that applications for members of underrepresented groups are considered. Qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our community are encouraged to apply.
Please note: due to the high volume of resumes we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We appreciate your understanding. Priority will be given to candidates who are eligible to work in Canada at the time of application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.