Middle School Teacher - Full Time
Reports to: Head of School
Start date: August 1, 2022
Job Description and Duties:
Honolulu Waldorf School is seeking a creative and experienced teacher who loves children, enjoys working with parents, and is committed to co-teaching our Middle School program (combined Grade 6/7/8) for the 2022/2023 school year. In particular, we are looking for a teacher who is also comfortable and skilled in teaching science classes at both the middle school and high school levels.
Our ideal candidate
- has prior teaching experience in Waldorf grades
- completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree and Waldorf teacher training
- is enthusiastic about teaching out of the philosophical and methodological principles of Waldorf Education in an innovative and dynamic way that engages students
- demonstrates strong classroom management skills
- builds strong relationships with students, parents, and colleagues
- demonstrates a deep passion and interest for the world around them
- communicates and collaborates effectively with others
- embraces the complexity of a class teacher and all of the roles and responsibilities a teacher holds throughout the school year.
The Honolulu Waldorf School is an established coeducational, independent school serving 185 students from Early Childhood through Grade 8. The school is located on a beautiful 2-acre campus in Niu Valley shaded by majestic monkeypod trees. We offer a full Waldorf curriculum, with specialty classes including Handwork, Hawaiian Studies, Japanese, Spanish, and Strings. Our campus is also home to a thriving Early Childhood program, and we have a giant tortoise, chickens, ducks, and gardens, which our students help care for.
At the Honolulu Waldorf School, we educate each child to find meaning, passion, and purpose in life and to contribute to the creation of a better world for all. Through a curriculum based on the developmental stages of the human being and on the integration of art and academics, our children learn to meet the world with clear and creative thinking, compassion and moral strength, and with the courage and freedom to act.
Honolulu Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer, located in Honolulu, Hawaii. It is the school’s policy to grant equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The school provides equal opportunities in employment, promotion, wages, benefits. and other terms and conditions of employment.
HWS offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health & dental insurance, life insurance, participation in a 403b pension plan, paid holidays, a flex spending program, and a tuition remission package. Salary commensurate with experience.
To be considered, please send your cover letter and resume to the Faculty Hiring Committee at email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Imagine. Experience. Discover.