First Grade Teacher
We are looking for class teachers with creative and innovative spirits ready to collaborate with colleagues, administration and the community. We are seeking teachers who will inspire learning, foster growth and success for each individual student and are excited to bring coherence to both the state standards and Waldorf Education.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops learning objectives and lesson plans that meet state standards and are consistent with the core principles of Public Waldorf Education.
- Engages students in creative, academic and meaningful learning activities.
- Builds a culture of caring through positive and conscious discipline.
- Communicates well with students, parents and staff.
- Identifies and meets the needs of all students through differentiated instruction.
- Participates in student support meetings, IEP meetings, and child studies.
- Maintains plans, student records/grades, and submits on time.
- Works cooperatively with administration and colleagues.
- Attends faculty meetings, professional development, festival, and other school functions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree - required
- 2+ years of teaching experience
- Waldorf teaching experience (preferred)
- AZ Highly Qualified Educator Status (within 1 year of hire)
- AZ DPS Level One fingerprint clearance
- Efficient in using the google platform
Desert Star Community School is located in the beautiful high desert near the red rocks of Sedona and Oak Creek. We are also surrounded by the Mingus Mountains and the lovely Verde Valley. We have moderate weather with 278 days of sunshine and a light dusting of snow in the winter.
Desert Star Community School Offers:
- Competitive pay
- Mentoring and Curriculum support on campus
- Generous class supply budget
- Large performance space with stage
- Professional development and Waldorf Teacher Certification stipend
- Healthcare stipend
- Beautiful campus adjacent to National Forest land with access to trails
- Paid sick leave/time off
- Regular planning time/days
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.