EC Assistant Teacher
Green Meadow Waldorf School is looking for part-time assistant teachers to support our preschool and kindergarten programs in the 2022-2023 school year. Applicants must have a love for working with children as well as an interest and willingness to be active in outdoor work including gardening and animal care.
The assistant teacher works under the supervision and guidance of the Class Teacher. The Assistant Teacher’s main task is to support the class teacher and the work of the classroom and outdoor environment. The teachers model a relationship based on mutual respect, trust and joy for working together. As an education professional, maintaining confidentiality is required.
- Interest in working with children under the lead teachers guidance
- Enjoy daily active engagement in work (for example gardening and animal care)
- Enjoy domestic activities such as preparing snack, dish washing…
- Be attentive to all areas involving the safety and well-being of the children
- Be a quiet but active presence in the classroom
- Work with children one-to-one and in a small group
- Be open and receptive to suggestions
- Radiate a joyful inner mood
- Maintain confidentiality
- Re-direct parental questions to the lead teacher
Our beautiful school is located on a 140 acre campus that includes a farm, forests, streams, and gardens. Our Farm Kindergarten is on the Duryea Farm, a working biodynamic farm., and all kindergarten classes spend time on the farm
Training & Education:
The ideal candidate will have experience working with children, ideally in a Waldorf setting. Waldorf teacher training is preferred, but not required. The assistant positions offer opportunities to continue education in early childhood education.
This is a paid hourly position. Hours are from 8:30am - 2:30pm, 5 days a week including a 30 minutes paid break, or as arranged.
Opportunities to work in the school summer programs may be available.
Interested candidates please send a letter of interest and resume with 3 references to Carole Crockett at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.