Human Resources Generalist
London Waldorf School is seeking applicants for the position of Human Resources Generalist beginning in the 2022-2023 school year.
London Waldorf School is a vibrant learning community where education, based on a deep understanding of the developing child, integrates the intellectual with the artistic, the practical with the beautiful - fostering the ability to engage more fully in the world.
“Our highest endeavour must be to develop free human beings who are able of themselves to impart purpose and direction to their lives.”
~ Rudolf Steiner
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Reporting to the Director of Administration and Finance, the Human Resources (HR) Generalist will partner with faculty and staff to plan and implement HR priorities and manage employee relations, staffing, payroll and benefits, policy and compliance.
This person will demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experience providing strategic and operational human resources consulting advice and services. They will have a strong client service orientation along with the ability to sustain collaborative working relationships across the school.The ideal candidate will be solutions-focused and proactive with well-developed influencing, negotiation, interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills.
This position is 21 hours/3 days per week. The anticipated start date is August 8, 2022.
Salary is dependent on the amount and type of previous experience. The current starting salary for this position is between $23,641 and $26,005. Our salaries and benefits are comparable with those of other Waldorf Schools, including: 3% pension plan contributions, and tuition remission after 3 months of employment. Group health and dental benefits, including a long-term disability plan, are available on a cost-sharing basis.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Post-Secondary education in human resources, business administration or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Human Resources Professional Designation (CHRP/CHRL) or in-progress
- Minimum 2 years of related experience with exposure to all aspects of the HR function
- Sound knowledge of human resources trends, best practices and Ontario legislation governing the workplace
- Strong consultation, influencing and negotiation skills to work with staff and faculty, provide advisory services and influence outcomes
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills to support a collaborative workplace, build strong relationships across the school, deliver training sessions, briefings and presentations, and prepare reports
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail, to accurately apply legislation, administer payroll and benefits systems, and support positive employee relations
- Excellent organizational and project management skills to prioritize work activities and meet tight deadlines
- Strong business acumen and professionalism with the ability to deal with sensitive and confidential human resources matters
- Strong computer skills, including fluency in Microsoft Office
- Collaborate with school leadership to understand staffing needs and support the hiring process through the design of jobs, identifying top talent using a variety of recruiting channels, methods and best practices and executing staffing activities to ensure annual timelines are met
- Manage contract development for all new hires and staffing changes
- Lead and facilitate the new hire orientation and on-boarding process for all faculty, staff and supply teachers
- Support initiatives aligned with London Waldorf School’s mission, vision and values and organizational direction including the planning and rollout of employee engagement activities, strategic human resources initiatives, system design upgrades and implementation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of the school and support team collaboration
- Research, develop and implement improved processes that increase efficiency and productivity, to facilitate talent management policies, programs, systems, and services that support the school’s strategic objectives, performance objectives and growth plans
- Manage and administer the benefits program
- Support the Finance Administrator in the reconciliation of payroll reporting
- Maintain and update policies in accordance with best practice and applicable legislation
- Develop and deliver presentations and reports, executive summaries, and training.
- Co-Chair the Joint Health & Safety Committee and adhere to requirements for health and safety under the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Maximize the quality and effectiveness of training through evaluation and follow up
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and references by FRIDAY, JUNE 3, 2022 to the attention of the Hiring Committee at: email@example.com. Please indicate HR Generalist in the subject line of your email.
London Waldorf School is committed to equity in its policies, practices and procedures. We support diversity in teaching, learning and work and ensure that applications for members of underrepresented groups are considered. Qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our community are encouraged to apply.
Please note: due to the high volume of resumes we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We appreciate your understanding. Applicants currently able to work in Canada will be prioritized.
Your application has been successfully submitted.