Parent and Child Teacher: a part time position
Starting August 22, 2022
Come work at an amazing school with talented faculty and staff, engaged students and supportive families! The Waldorf School of St. Louis is seeking an Early Childhood Lead Teacher to join our faculty in the 2021-22 school year. Our Early Childhood programs include Parent Child, Preschool, and Kindergarten classes.
The teacher will be responsible for providing a Waldorf Early Childhood classroom experience to the children from 15 months old to 3 years who attend the classes with adult caregivers. This position requires a deep understanding of Waldorf early childhood pedagogy as well as the ability to:
- bring Waldorf curriculum to meet the needs of each child as well as the adults in the class
- work well with the parents, share information on Waldorf education and parenting and facilitate conversation among adults
- create a healthy, warm and welcoming class community
- commit to self development and have a growing relationship with Anthroposophy
- serve the school through committee work, administrative responsibilities and work collaboratively with faculty, administration and other school realms
Qualifications: Ideal candidates are Waldorf trained teachers with a Bachelor’s degree, a few years of teaching experience and a commitment to work out of Anthroposophy. Candidates who are enrolled in Waldorf teacher training will be considered, but will be expected to complete a Waldorf certification program. Interested job applicants should email their cover letter with a short autobiographical statement, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.