Business Operations Coordinator
Business Operations Coordinator
2022 - 2023 School Year
Wildcat Canyon Community School (WCCS) is a cooperatively run, Waldorf-inspired school serving early childhood through middle school grades where education includes healthy spiritual development and joy in learning becomes a stepping stone to meaningful change in the world. WCCS is committed to dynamic governance by the teachers and cooperative community leadership; an economic model that values people over money; and an ongoing effort to uplift social, racial and land justice in all domains of the school.
WCCS is seeking a proactive, enthusiastic, and committed Business Operations Manager who enjoys interacting with a diverse community of staff, faculty, students and families. The Business Operations Manager plays an instrumental role in keeping school-wide initiatives and activities running smoothly and ensures that information and knowledge is easily accessible and available to all. The Business Operations Manager must understand the relational aspect as well as the art and science of implementing policies and procedures to ensure WCCS is a successful school with a welcoming environment.
This position is responsible for oversight and implementation of HR duties, creating and setting school-wide standards, and analyzing and improving school-wide processes.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- In concert with the faculty and cooperative school leadership, engage in hiring, onboarding, dismissals, and departures..
- Attend Operations Circle meetings as well as Faculty meetings to support with needs and goals that pertain to the standard operating procedures of the school
- Maintain updated internal records including personnel files, Faculty Handbook, Community Agreements, and other standard operating procedures in compliance with WCCS’s policies
- In concert with the faculty, staff and cooperative school leadership, create and/or update business contracts and work agreements in compliance with WCCS’s policies.
- Plan and implement systems that create an efficient and effective workflow to meet the goals and objectives of the faculty and cooperative school leadership
- In concert with the Enrollment and Finance circles, manage tuition payments, communicate with families about tuition questions, and identify new ways to expand and promote the school’s economic justice framework.
- Maintain a comprehensive annual calendar with reminders to faculty and families about scheduled trainings, benefits, and compliance measures.
- Support with maintaining an up-to-date and inspirational website
- In concert with the faculty, staff and cooperative school leadership, contribute to internal communications about school-wide public health policies, including SARS-CoV-2.
- In concert with the faculty, staff and cooperative school leadership, develop the school’s strategic plan
- Observe and identify areas where improvements could be made across school-wide systems and operations to ensure consistency, transparency, and healthy development
- Deliver quarterly reports to the school faculty and cooperative leadership that provide insight into the overall health and needs of the school’s operations
- Compile and submit data for state compliance.
- Strong commitment to social justice
- Familiarity with Waldorf pedagogy
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment alongside a diverse community
- Ability to work cooperatively with a team and delegate tasks
- Demonstrated confidence with record-keeping and business administration
- Ability to inspire and build momentum with community members
- Positive outlook & solutions-oriented
- Reliable & organized
- Detail-oriented & committed to safety
- Active listening, emotional intelligence, and respectful communication skills
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Proficiency with Google suite and Quickbooks (or other relevant operating platforms)
Schedule, Compensation and Benefits
This position is flexible: depending on skills and availability, one could work from 50% to full-time, with commensurate salary and benefits. Hours will generally be during school hours Mondays through Fridays, with some evening and weekend events planned in advance. The current full-time salary is $63K, additional compensation based on experience, full benefits, 80% benefits for dependents/20% spouse, 401K.
Please send your resume, along with a letter of interest, highlighting your teaching experience, life experience, education, qualifications, and strengths. In addition, please include three references that we may contact.
Please submit all the above documentation to email@example.com
Wildcat Canyon Community School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants of any color, race, gender, sexual orientation, and all ethnic, national, cultural, social and religious backgrounds. Employment is at-will under CA state law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.