Job Title: Games (P.E.) Teacher Classification: Classified
Work Days per Year: 186 Reports to: Executive Director Full Time
At Sparrow Academy, our mission is to cultivate conscientious, engaged citizens through a scholarly and artistic study of the humanities, math and science, grounded in Waldorf philosophy.
We are seeking a Games Teacher (like a cooperative version of P.E.) who has a sense of imagination and play in movement and who’s willing to work warmly and effectively with a wide range of students. The school is completing its 11th year and includes grades TK-8. Check out waldorfeducation.org to see if this philosophy is a fit for you.
What we’re looking for in our teachers:
- ● Experience in Waldorf education and specifically spatial dynamics or developmentally appropriate games for grades 1-8 is preferred
- ● Experience in the Waldorf version of pentathlon, medieval games and track and field is preferred
- ● Exemplary elementary teaching skills and experience
- ● Effective and respectful behavior management techniques
- ● Willingness to learn and grow as a professional educator
● California Single Subject Credential in Physical Education
To apply, send resume and introduction letter to Alexandra Sannino
Your application has been successfully submitted.