Lower School Chair
The Washington Waldorf School, located in Bethesda, MD is seeking a Lower School Chair effective immediately. This is a full time, year round, salaried position with responsibilities split between work as LS Chair at 75% and teaching at 25%.
We seek a strong communicator who is able to maintain an on-going and collaborative relationship with all school departments and members of the community. The individual must practice the principles of servant leadership by positively influencing and working with others to meet the needs of the Lower School.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Create and realize strategic visions in collaboration with other school leadership, including faculty, administration, board and committees.
- Facilitate communication between parents, faculty and administration.
- Ability to represent the goals and needs of the department to the College of Teachers.
- Ability to prioritize work concerning DEISJB (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Social Justice and Belonging).
- Delegation and oversight of committee work.
- Serve as a member of the College of Teachers.
- Serve as a member of the Chairs Group.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Certified Waldorf Teacher with Waldorf teaching experience.
- Demonstrated capacity in a leadership role in an educational system.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including letter/article writing and public speaking.
- Organized in administrative work, as management of administration work is an important aspect of this position.
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits, including full health, life, and disability insurance, paid personal and sick & safe leave, dental reimbursement, school sponsored retirement plan, and tuition remission for children of full-time salaried employees.
Washington Waldorf School is located on a beautiful 6-acre campus in Bethesda, Maryland, a short distance from Washington DC, and within walking distance of the Potomac River. Our enrollment is about 300 students, from infancy through grade 12. We are fully accredited by the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America and the Association of Independent Maryland & DC Schools. Typical class size ranges from 18-25 students. We completed an extensive renovation of our building in 2015, and are planning additional improvements in the coming years.
If you would like to join our exceptional faculty and lively community, please email a cover letter and resume firstname.lastname@example.org attn: Claudia Berg. No phone calls, please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.