7th Grade Lead Teacher (Health Freedom Initiative)
Raphael Springs is a thriving initiative located in the Hill Country of Central Texas, with a community of dedicated parents and teachers. Founded in the fall of 2020, we serve students in Early Childhood – 8th Grade four days per week (Mon – Thur). We are a faculty of trained Waldorf teachers committed to the study of Anthroposophy and self-development. We are administering a traditional Steiner curriculum without the implementation of CRT or DEI. In addition, we value health freedom and do not require masks.
Middle School Lead Teachers collaborate with Subject Teachers to coordinate the experience for the students. Create a classroom atmosphere where learning, cooperation, kindness, respect, and tolerance are encouraged. Assess the progress of students on an ongoing basis. Maintain regular communication with parents describing projects, expectations, homework, written progress reports, and special events. Conduct parent-teacher conferences on a scheduled and as-needed basis. Participate in all-school and Community events and activities.
- Understand and develop lesson plans according to the Waldorf curriculum and developmental guidelines appropriate to the level of students they teach.
- Lesson plans will cover block studies in three- or four-week rhythms as well as ongoing skills lessons in language arts and mathematics.
- Prepare grade-appropriate activities, class play, and field trips.
- Monitor both the academic and developmental growth of the students.
- Actively create a social environment in the classroom in which students are encouraged to be responsible for their actions as well as their work and behavior.
- Provide a curriculum overview for parent orientation at the beginning of the school year.
- Conduct parent/teacher conferences twice per year (or more when needed) and a final end-of-year report.
- Prepare and hold class meetings at least 3 times per school.
- Cultivate and maintain parent communication with the class parents.
Expectations of All Employees:
- Work collegially with coworkers.
- Provide support to parents and treat them with courtesy and respect.
- Continue to work on self and professional development.
- Be a worthy representative of Raphael Springs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preferred not required)
- Experience teaching Middle School grade level/s.
- Waldorf Teacher Certificate (required)
- Love and respect for the developing child.
We welcome qualified applicants to email a cover letter, resume and 3 professional references who have experienced you teaching to: email@example.com
Joining an enthusiastic and supportive faculty during a exciting time of school expansion
Professional development funds (when available)
Priority enrollment for children of hired faculty in grades
Two-Week Paid Leave policy
Your application has been successfully submitted.