Title: Admission Associate/Registrar
Reports to: Dir. of Advancement & Enrollment
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
When Needed: 2022 – 2023 Academic Year
FTE: Full Time, Year-round
Seattle Waldorf School is seeking a seasoned admissions professional to be an integral member of the Advancement and Enrollment Team responsible for ensuring that prospective families have an excellent experience in their interactions with the school across a variety of modalities (email, phone, web, social media, and in-person). We are looking for someone who can work effectively as part of a team and independently. We need a leader who understands best practices in admissions, who is interested in collaborative and multidisciplinary approaches, and who is passionate about working with families to find the right next school. We are looking for staff who share our belief that a culturally rich and inclusive school community provides students with the best possible environment for a quality education. Salary is competitive with independent schools. Seattle Waldorf School offers an excellent benefits package, opportunities for professional development, and an extraordinary work environment.
Who We Are:
At Seattle Waldorf School, students become creative problem-solvers—imaginative thinkers who journey toward intellectual excellence, human compassion, and artistic skill. Our modern curriculum is rooted in tradition—for children 18 months to 18 years. We lead students on a joyful journey that fosters critical thinking, synthesis, and creativity. Founded in Seattle in 1980, we are the only Preschool–Grade 12 Waldorf School in Washington.
Our Mission: Daily we strive to inspire learning, courage, and joy in the developing human being.
Job Summary: The Admission Associate/Registrar is responsible for overseeing workflow and executing a multifaceted communication plan to keep prospective family audiences engaged at all phases of the admissions funnel, providing event and visit support to the Director of Advancement and Enrollment, and maintaining accuracy of all student records, transcripts, and other master student files.
Admission Duties -
- Provide courteous and informative frontline assistance to those inquiring about SWS by phone, email, or in-person
- Respond to general inquiries in a timely manner
- Compose communications to prospective parents
- Greet visitors and provide a positive and welcoming experience
- Schedule, coordinate, and conduct tours, classroom visits, interviews, event registration and follow up
- Coordinate visits with admissions team members, division heads, teachers and other campus representatives
- Attend and assist in coordinating weekend and evening admissions events including event setup and supplies as well as registrations and onsite needs
- Maintain admissions webpages and social media content in coordination with other team members
- Develop and execute workflows to keep prospective and newly enrolled families engaged and informed
- Build and oversee communication plans utilizing Ravenna, Constant Contact, and direct mail
- Respond to the needs of the Advancement and Enrollment team
Registrar Duties -
- Onboard all newly accepted families in each branch into the school, overseeing record transfers, health information, and other welcome packet information
- Support the maintenance of accurate student records in the database, as well as current family list management
- Record, create reports, and maintain correspondence of confidential student records, including but not limited to student cumulative folders, demographics, grades, report cards, diplomas, immunization, school certificates, and transcripts
- Work closely with Admissions and College Counseling to support the work of both offices
- Maintain files for current students, graduated and withdrawn students, and forward transcript/other information upon request
Overall Duties -
- Establish and cultivate community relations by maintaining open and candid dialogue with all of the school’s constituencies
- Is familiar and complies with all policies and regulations as put forth in the school’s documents
- Vigorously engages in professional development through In-Service Days, Preview Days, Review Days, and conferences as determined in conversation with the Director of Advancement and Enrollment
- Because safety and security are everyone’s responsibility, takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, faculty, staff, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university required*
- 3+ years’ experience in admissions/marketing
- Experience in an independent school setting; Waldorf school preferred
*Candidates who do not have required degree/certificate may be considered with a commitment to complete them within a specified length of time from start of employment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to work efficiently in a Microsoft Windows or Mac environment using Office, Google Suite, common automated systems for record keeping, and confidently learn new technology, particularly databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a hands-on team environment and communicate effectively with all levels of faculty, staff, students and parents/guardians
- Experience with social media account and website management strongly preferred
- Experience with Ravenna and Constant Contact preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and facility in dealing with the public
- Strong organizational skills
- Exercise diplomacy which involves multitasking and maintaining confidentiality.
- Independent school, administrative support, event planning, or related experience preferred.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and actively promoting anti-racism in education, particularly admissions
- Desire to work as part of a team as well as independently on tasks
- Experience working in an educational institution preferred
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to travel locally (field trips)
Salary Range: $50,000–$60,000 per year, plus full benefits.
To Apply: Interested candidates should respond immediately by email with a letter of interest, resume, and employment application, available on the school website at: http://www.seattlewaldorf.org/careers/
Thank you for your interest in Seattle Waldorf School and this position. Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins, please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.