Job Title: Games (P.E.) Teacher
Work Days per Year: 186
Reports to: Executive Director
At Sparrow Academy, our mission is to cultivate conscientious, engaged citizens
through a scholarly and artistic study of the humanities, math and science, grounded
in Waldorf philosophy.
We are seeking a Games Teacher (like a cooperative version of P.E.) who has a sense
of imagination and play in movement and who’s willing to work warmly and
effectively with a wide range of students. The school is completing its 11th year and
includes grades TK-8. Check out waldorfeducation.org to see if this philosophy is a
fit for you.
What we’re looking for in our teachers:
● Experience in Waldorf education and specifically spatial dynamics or
developmentally appropriate games for grades 1-8 is preferred
● Experience in the Waldorf version of pentathlon, medieval games and track
and field is preferred
● Exemplary elementary teaching skills and experience
● Effective and respectful behavior management techniques
● Willingness to learn and grow as a professional educator
● California Single Subject Credential in Physical Education
To apply, send resume and introduction letter to
Your application has been successfully submitted.