First Grade Assistant
Job Title: Teaching Assistant Classification: Classified Reports to: Executive Director Part-time position, Hourly
At Sparrow Academy, our mission is to cultivate conscientious, engaged citizens through a scholarly and artistic study of the humanities, math and science, grounded in Waldorf philosophy. To learn more about our school, visit our website.
Sparrow Academy is currently interviewing for a part time 1st Grade Teaching Assistant to begin immediately. Teaching Assistants support their assigned teachers to prepare materials, provide academic and behavioral support to individual students and small groups of students, supervise recess and lunch, and perform other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for in a Teaching Assistant:
- ● Experience working with elementary-age children
- ● Reliability, responsibility
- ● Ability to take direction easily and apply individual initiative when needed
- ● Confidence supporting students with K-8th grade curriculum
- ● Training and experience using positive discipline, restorative practices, and other
- non-punitive forms of discipline
- ● Ideally, someone who is looking to pursue a career in education
- To apply, send resume and introduction letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.