Middle School Teacher
Middle School Teacher Position for 2022/23 School Year
The purpose of Kona Pacific Public Charter School is to provide the families of West Hawai'i the option of a non-traditional, pedagogically strong public-school education for their children. Kona Pacific’s mission is to educate the whole child, in order to cultivate in young people, the skills, knowledge, and values they need to reach their highest potential. We believe children learn best when their education embraces all facets of their development: intellectual, social, emotional and physical.
Kona Pacific’s vision is of a comprehensive educational program that frames its academic components within an artistic, creative and imaginative context. Kona Pacific strives to be a socially inclusive learning environment that enables students to achieve high standards, that engages the mind, fires the imagination, and nurtures compassion, inspiring and enabling students not only to successfully meet the future, but also to help shape it.
Position Overview/General Description
As a Waldorf inspired teacher, you guide children to investigate core subjects such as language, history, math, science and geography through creativity and imagination. Effective Waldorf inspired teachers:
· Clearly communicate with students, colleagues and parents
· Commit to each student individually, throughout their years of school
· Create lively, interactive lesson plans
· Push themselves to grow and constantly question their teaching methods
· Push beyond their comfort zones
· Think outside the box
· Inspire their students to keep progressing
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Conduct himself/herself as a professional in all dealings with students, colleagues, parents and staff of KPPCS.
· Arrive each day 15 minutes prior to the beginning of classes and fulfill all duties until 15 minutes after classes finish for the day
· Develop and maintain a safe, harmonious social environment for the students
· Teachers are encouraged to attend school functions and events that take place after school hours.
· Perform yard duty as directed, before, after and during the school day.
· Administer standardized assessments to all students in the class.
· Attend weekly faculty meetings.
· Participate in parent-teacher-student conferences.
· Participate in school outreach activities.
· Submit periodic student reports prior to the deadline set by the school administration.
· Participate in programs related to their professional duties that may be held outside school hours. These include teacher in-service trainings, staff meetings, parent-teacher-student conferences, parent-class meetings, and school functions.
· Perform all duties throughout the school calendar, including all teacher workdays and planning/collaboration days.
· Maintain clear communication with the parents of students in his/her class through parent letters sent home, class meetings, and other appropriate means.
· Check school email at once daily on school days and reply in a timely manner.
· Develop and abide by a Kona Pacific professional development plan created in conjunction with school administration.
· Other duties as assigned by administration
Required Qualifications, Experience & Education Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree ideal), Waldorf credential and/or experience, and state teaching credential and minimum of two years teaching experience
· TB Clearance prior to start date
· CPR/First Aid Certification prior to start date
· Successful Background Check prior to start date
· Must be a US citizen or have a valid work visa
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your resume to our HR Department - firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.