Grade 2 & Handwork Teacher
GRADE 2 TEACHER (1.0 FTE)
Full-time, permanent: .9 Grade 2 & .1 Handwork
Do you love working with children & youth? Would you like to further your teaching career in Waldorf education?
Whistler Waldorf School in beautiful Whistler, BC is seeking an experienced Lower School Grade 2 & Handwork Teacher to fill the position of .9 FTE Grade 2 Teacher with a .1 FTE for Handwork in the Lower School. This position starts mid-August to teach full-time during the upcoming school year. In addition to our very competitive wages, WWS also offers its’ faculty professional development, a balanced lifestyle with summer and school holiday breaks, and tuition remission for those applicants who may have children (dependent on contracted hours). Interested candidates are asked to submit your cover letter, resume and three reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position offers successful candidates:
• Competitive wages in-line with public education positions, depending on proven experience and education.
• Compensation package including medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance
• Partial tuition remission for your children (Pre-K to Grade 12 programs)
• Professional development opportunities, training and financial compensation for ongoing education experiences.
The perfect candidate will be:
• Fully certified BC teacher (or be eligible to apply for a BC license) with a Bachelor’s degree of Education or equivalent post-secondary graduation, diploma and/or technical certificate.
• Qualified with 2+ years of teaching experience
• A Canadian citizen and/or eligible to work in Canada with a current Criminal Record Check.
• Professional with excellent communication and collaborative skills, with the ability to foster team-based relationships with students, parents and other Faculty/ Administrative Staff colleagues.
• Certified and/or trained in Waldorf Education or may be willing to become Waldorf teacher trained is a plus.
• A French language specialty and/or second teachable subject is an asset to combine for full-time positions.
More about WWS & Living in Whistler, BC:
WWS is a non- secular, non-denominational and non-for-profit, B.C. Ministry of Education certified independent school. Come live the mountain resort lifestyle in Whistler, BC, while immersing yourself in a career of passion and learning that supports the development of our future generations. Whistler is located north of Vancouver and is one of North America’s premier mountain resorts. It offers some of the best downhill and Nordic skiing in the world, as well as miles of biking and hiking trails, mountain lakes and an active arts and social community of over 10,000. At WWS, our faculty & staff support each other in ways that enhance individual professional development and that support our students’ academic and social-emotional success. Our educational dialogues are meaningful, and we aspire to the higher aims of our work for mutual inspiration. More details on teaching in Whistler and at WWS at whistlerwaldorf.com/employment
*Please Note: Thank you for your interest! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. WWS administers a Criminal Record Check for the vulnerable sector for all staff as part of school policy
Your application has been successfully submitted.