Part-Time Early Childhood Assistant / After Care Teacher
The Garland School is seeking a part-time Assistant and After Care Teacher with an interest in wilderness and play-centered education who will work with children ages 1-6 in various classrooms. These positions support our teachers throughout the day and provide care during our after care program. The part-time assistant will work from 12:00 - 5:00, Monday - Friday. Set among 200 acres of forest and streams, our Waldorf-inspired school emphasizes year-round immersion in nature including trail walking, woods exploration, gardening, and seasonal Waldorf festivals. All teachers at Garland are welcomed into a community that prioritizes care and mutual aid. In addition to a competitive salary we offer four weeks of paid vacation, professional development stipends, mentorship stipends, a supplemental insurance plan, paid personal and sick time, and local and organic breakfast and lunch served daily. This position comes with a $500 signing bonus and will begin in September 2022, with opportunity for training in August 2022.
While Waldorf inspired and nature-based, our teachers are invited to design a classroom environment that speaks to their interests, strengths and vision of early childhood education. The part-time assistant will be expected to support the lead teachers and provide after school care with attention to the emotional, cognitive, and physical needs of each child.
Other responsibilities include:
- Incorporate meaningful work (gardening, handwork, cleaning, cooking) into the rhythm of the day, in support of the Waldorf values of mirroring the home environment
- Collaborating with the lead teacher to communicate with parents about their child daily.
- Serving the home cooked meal prepared by the school’s chef or after school snacks from home.
- Keeping the classroom clean and tidy and caring for materials and toys.
- Washing end of the day snack dishes along with other light custodial duties like taking out the trash, vacuuming or sweeping.
Salary and Benefits:
- $15-$18 hourly depending on experience
- $500 Sign-on bonus
- Professional development stipends and mentorship stipends
- A supplemental insurance plan
- Paid personal and sick time
- Local and organic breakfast and lunch served daily
Must be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma or GED, and have prior experience working with young children. Successful applicants will be subject to a background check.
Your application has been successfully submitted.