Content and Marketing Coordinator
Title: Content and Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Dir. of Advancement & Enrollment
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
When Needed: 2022 – 2023 Academic Year
FTE: Part-time, Year-round
Seattle Waldorf School is seeking an eager communications professional to be an integral member of the Advancement and Enrollment Team overseeing marketing initiatives including print and email marketing, website management, and digital paid media. The role also provides support for content curation and creation, to help achieve the development, growth, and engagement of internal and external stakeholders as well as all school event support. We are looking for someone who can work effectively as part of a team and independently.
To be successful in this role, candidates will have a passion for storytelling, a self-starting mindset, and bring strong analytical skills, knowledge of website and social media best practices, sound judgment, and a sense of humor to the position. We are looking for staff who share our belief that a culturally rich and inclusive school community provides students with the best possible environment for a quality education. Salary is competitive with independent schools. Seattle Waldorf School offers an excellent benefits package, opportunities for professional development, and an extraordinary work environment.
Who We Are: At Seattle Waldorf School, students become creative problem-solvers—imaginative thinkers who journey toward intellectual excellence, human compassion, and artistic skill. Our modern curriculum is rooted in tradition—for children 18 months to 18 years. We lead students on a joyful journey that fosters critical thinking, synthesis, and creativity. Founded in Seattle in 1980, we are the only Preschool–Grade 12 Waldorf School in Washington. At Seattle Waldorf School we are committed to creating a community that is inclusive for all faculty, staff, families and students, especially those who have been impacted by racism and oppression, and to create a culture that supports racial equity by changing our existing systems and practices.
Our Mission: Daily we strive to inspire learning, courage, and joy in the developing human being.
Job Summary: The Content and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for overseeing marketing initiatives including print and email marketing, website management, and digital paid media. Working within the Advancement and Enrollment team, this position will have the opportunity to be the storyteller of the school, sharing a passion for the uniqueness that is Waldorf education.
Oversight of digital marketing channels (email marketing, website, digital ads)
- Working in collaboration with Advancement Team, to support, curate, and develop new content for SWS website, blog, parent portal, and social media channels
- Manage weekly and monthly e-newsletters and email marketing campaigns from content planning to delivery
- Monitor website content and manage on-going web updates (serve as webmaster)
- Oversee communication sharing via school parent portal
- Collect, capture, and curate photos, videos, testimonials and other written content to be distributed across marketing channels
- Research, propose, and lead other ideas for expanding the school’s digital engagement
- Stay current on industry trends and best practices to provide digital marketing strategy recommendations.
Social Media Management
- With Director of Advancement and Enrollment, help develop and support organization wide and branch specific social media strategy, plan, and calendar
- Implement paid and organic social media campaigns in alignment with overarching marketing strategies
- Support social media campaigns and content amplification
- Ensure team follows social media tactics per plan and content calendar
- Monitor social media accounts and help manage community engagement
- Provide monthly and quarterly engagement and analytics reports for all social media accounts and website based on determined KPIs;
- Other communication tasks as needed
Content and Communications Support
- Ensure consistent brand messaging as well as a high level of quality reflected in all communications: digital, social media, and print.
- Oversee brand guidelines and style guide for all print and digital properties
- Partner with other members of the Advancement Team to support targeted communications - festivals, annual fund and other fundraising events, community association events, and focused efforts to promote alumni engagement.
- Oversee design and creation of school-wide digital and print marketing materials such as admission advertising, annual report, event invitations, flyers, posters, etc.
- Establish and cultivate community relations by maintaining open and candid dialogue with all of the school’s constituencies
- Is familiar and complies with all policies and regulations as put forth in the school’s documents
- Vigorously engages in professional development through In-Service Days, Preview Days, Review Days, and conferences as determined in conversation with the Director of Advancement and Enrollment
- Because safety and security are everyone’s responsibility, takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, faculty, staff, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in communications/marketing preferred
- Experience in an independent school setting; Waldorf school preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in email marketing, website CMS, and social media channel management, and quick learner of new technology
- Fluency with macOS, iOS, and experience with Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, SEO, and other tools of the trade
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to meet deadlines and promote programs through digital storytelling across multiple social media platforms
- Experience in cross-organizational and multi-departmental collaboration and project management; ability to adapt to diverse communications and working styles
- Exercise diplomacy which involves multitasking and maintaining confidentiality.
- Independent school, administrative support, event planning, or related experience preferred.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and actively promoting anti-racism in education, particularly admissions
- Desire to work as part of a team as well as independently on tasks
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
To Apply: Interested candidates should respond immediately by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest, resume, and employment application, available on the school website at: http://www.seattlewaldorf.org/careers/
Thank you for your interest in Seattle Waldorf School and this position. Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins, please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.