Practical Arts Handwork Lead Teacher
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a lead handwork teacher to join our dynamic team for the 2022-2023 school year. This is a one-year position and will teach first through eighth grade. The working hours are between 8:00 am- 4:00 pm.
The Pedagogical Director and Practical Arts Mentor
- Full Time Employee for one year; exempt
- Usual hours are 8:00 am- 4:00 pm
- The academic year begins July 1st and ends June 30th
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching and student support of practical arts
- Plan and evaluates daily classroom activities that are developmentally appropriate and correspond with the goals set for individual children.
- Teaching knitting, knitting in the round, crochet, doll making, cross stitch, sewing by hand, sewing with a machine, quilting, embroidery, clay
- Models appropriate behavior, dress professionally and maintains healthy hygiene at all times
- Arranges a substitute to cover classes or seeks support from the pedagogical director in case of personal absence.
- Keeps classroom environment, storage areas, faculty room, and common areas neat and clutter free.
- Ensures that the class is supplied with all needed materials and supplies.
- Makes appropriate use of space, equipment, and material storage.
- Keeps expenses within the yearly budget
- Arrive at work on time, punctually attends and actively participates in all required meetings and training including committee work.
- Is a respectful, cooperative, and reliable team member and participant in school activities.
- Participates in in-service days during the year and at the beginning and end of the school year.
- Adheres to professional code of conduct.
- Respects the confidentiality of information about enrolled children and families, personnel issues, and other school operations.
- Must have training and experience teaching:
- Knitting in the round
- Sewing by hand
- Sewing with a machine
- Doll making
- Cross stitching
- Must have images or a portfolio showing examples of work in 4 mediums of the above list.
- Must be aware of, and adhere to, current state and federal laws that affect educators
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must develop professional work goals and training and mentoring plan in consultation with the Professional Development Committee and Pedagogical Director.
PROVIDE A LETTER OF INTEREST, PORTFOLIO WITH EXAMPLES OF WORK IN 4 MEDIUMS LISTED ABOVE, AND RESUME - Contact, Sue Levine - email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Educating the whole child; hands, head, and heart.