Job Title: Handwork Specialist
Work Days per Year: 186
Reports to: Executive Director
Full time position with benefits
At Sparrow Academy, our mission is to cultivate conscientious, engaged citizens through a scholarly and artistic study of the humanities, math and science, grounded in Waldorf philosophy.
Sparrow Academy is seeking a qualified Handwork Specialist to teach knitting, crochet, embroidery, sewing, and other handcrafts to our 1st-8th grade students in the 2021-22 school year. The position is full time, including health benefits.
The Handwork Specialist at Sparrow will be expected to:
- Teach all handwork crafts from a foundation of Waldorf philosophy
- Plan age-appropriate lessons and prepare materials for all classes 1st-8th
- Teach and effectively manage a class of 28-30 students
- Participate in collaborative meetings
- Actively seek and participate in teacher enrichment opportunities, continuing education, workshops, reading publications, etc.
What we’re looking for in a Handwork Specialist:
- Exemplary elementary teaching skills
- Experience and proficiency in the specialized area of Handwork
- Excellent communication and classroom management skills
- Highly organized, efficient and proactive
- Willingness to learn and grow as a professional Waldorf educator
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience and training in Waldorf methods
- California single-subject credential
To apply, send resume and introduction letter to Alexandra Sannino @ email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.