About the Position
High Mowing School is looking for a dynamic and energetic person to join our high school campus food service team. We were one of the first schools in the country to offer an organic and locally-sourced dining experience with fresh meals of the highest quality offered to our community. Our food service is one of the gems of our school and is a large part of the home-like environment we create for our students.
This role reports to the Food Service Manager and works various shifts while school is in session and some summer weeks for events. Duties include the following:
- Planning of menus and budget management as delegated by the Food Service Manager
- Plan, prep, execute, and serve breakfast, snack, lunch, and/or dinner for up to ~175 people per meal
- Prepare healthy, high quality meals ensuring uniform quality and variety addressing various dietary needs
- Monitor sanitation practices and ensure that kitchen safety standards are adhered to
- Supervise food service assistants
- Minimum 2 years experience.
- Passionate about a “Farm to Table” approach to cooking
- Flexible, hard-working, and good-humored
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact well with teenagers
- Ability to work well under pressure, bring order to chaos and remain calm in a distracting environment
- Demonstrated ability to to be flexible with culinary approach and use of ingredients
- Competency in using spreadsheets and online tools
- Must be available to work various shifts (including early morning, evenings and weekends)
The compensation for the position includes:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Paid time off
- Health, dental, life, LTD
- Tuition remission 90%
- Great working environment
About High Mowing School
High Mowing School, established in 1942, provides a holistic education for 200 Early Childhood to Grade 8 students on one campus, and over 130 Grade 9 - 12 students (~75 boarding) on its high school campus. HMS is committed to a caring, respectful, and diverse community where academic success, personal growth, and social responsibility are highly valued and fostered. HMS is set on a hilltop among rolling farmland in scenic southern New Hampshire on 300+ acres and close to Boston, the seacoast, and mountainous recreational areas.
Interested candidates should email HMS hiring team at firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest, and an HMS Employment Application.
More Information on HMS website.
HMS will respond to qualified candidates only.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Waldorf Preschool - Grade 12 * Boarding and Day