Lead Childcare Provider
Job Title: Lead Childcare Provider
The Anchorage Waldorf School is seeking a kind soul to help deliver quality program time for our students in our after school or before school program. Our staff are responsible for carrying out the daily activities within the program. You will be responsible for snack preparation and clean up, outdoor play, indoor games and group activities; as well as daily cleaning and preparation. The before and after care staff will be required to go outdoors daily. Care is provided in an understanding, empathetic, nurturing and caring environment while maintaining a safe and wholesome climate.
- Work Location: Anchorage Waldorf School, inside and outside with potential trips
- Work Status: This is a non-exempt, part-time position averaging 20-25 hours a week depending on the candidate's desire and flexibility.
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:30-8:30am and 2:15 - 6:00 pm
- Start date as soon as possible.
- Pay commensurate with experience ranging from $15/hr
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to effectively lead students
- Understanding of what quality program delivery for school age children entails along with behavior management and activity facilitation
- Communicate clearly, directly with students, parents, staff and faculty daily
- Ability to work as a team and independently with a group of students
- Tolerance for adversity and uncertainty--things change often and adapting to this is key to success
- Desire to work with a diverse population, age, gender, multicultural, etc
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have at least 12 semester hours of college credit in early childhood development, child development, child psychology, or the equivalent, or hold a current Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, or Montessori Certificate
- Embrace collaboration with colleagues and communicate well with students, parents and staff
- Prior leadership experience
- Current CPR/First Aid certification or ability to obtain within first 4 weeks of employment
- Mandated Reporter training certificate (or willingness to obtain upon hire)
- Food Handler Certificate or ability to obtain within first 2 weeks of employment
- Better Kid Care certificate
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Tre-C Dumais. Background check and fingerprinting required for employment during the HR process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.