Job Title: Administrative Director
(This is NOT a remote position)
With a passionate commitment to the development of the whole human being, Golden Bridges School strives to harmonize the physical, emotional, and intellectual life of each child. By bringing developmentally appropriate academic rigor through hands-on experience, nourishment of the imagination, care for the earth, and a commitment to social justice, we equip our students with the tools to become free-thinking, moral human beings.
About Golden Bridges School:
Golden Bridges School, located in San Francisco, is a pre-k-8 non-profit independent school. Founded by Waldorf-trained teachers, the school serves 135 students and 42 staff members. Offering a holistic education anchored in the values of land stewardship, reverence for childhood, and anti-racist teachings, the school is committed to kindling a lifelong love of learning, creativity and curiosity. For more details about employment at Golden Bridges School please visit https://www.goldenbridgesschool.org/careers.html.
The Administrative Director is the head of administration and has oversight of the business and operations of the School. The Administrative Director participates in the Leadership Council, a collaboration with the Pedagogical Director and Chair of the College of Teachers, which holds responsibility for overarching operations and human resources and has decision-making authority where business and pedagogy intersect.
Areas of Engagement:
- Leadership: Serving on and engaging with all levels of school governance.
- Operational planning and management: Oversight of all school operations.
- Program planning and management: Administrative oversight of school programming.
- Human Resources planning and management: Oversee all functions of Human Resources including hiring/dismissal and evaluations of administrative staff as well as oversight of Faculty Human Resource policies.
- Financial planning and oversight: Oversee Business Manager and collaborate with Board of Directors on all financial matters.
- Communications: Ensures clear and direct communication pathways with all stakeholders.
- Risk Management: Identifies and communicates risks to relevant governing bodies.
Reports to: Board of Directors
Status: Full-time, exempt
$93,000-$110,000 Based on experience
Full Medical, Dental, and Vision
401K/Roth retirement plan
- Minimum five years experience in Executive Functions of a Non-Profit or Educational Leadership
- Bachelor’s required, higher education preferred
- Waldorf background highly desirable but not required
- Strong background in overseeing finances in non-profit organization
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with all stakeholders, including administration, faculty, parents, students, and program facilitators
- Exceptional administrative, management, and collaborative leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion work in a diverse community, and experience in culturally competent teaching practices
To apply, please submit a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references in MS Word or .pdf format by October 15, 2022 to email@example.com
It shall be the operational policy of Golden Bridges School not to discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or affectional preference, age, or disability in any of its policies, procedures, or practices. This policy of non-discrimination covers school programs and activities, including but not limited to: academic, admissions, financial aid, educational services, and employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.