Early Childhood Assistant
Preschool/Kindergarten combined classroom – 35 hours/week, 8 to 3:30, to begin mid October.
The assistant in an Early Childhood classroom works closely with the Lead Teacher to implement the day-to-day curriculum.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with and under the supervision of the lead teacher to create a joyful, safe, warm, and loving atmosphere for the children in our care. Activities will include setting table, helping children with activities, taking groups to bathroom, helping children dress for outdoor time.
- Daily preparations of the classroom which includes basic cleaning, snack preparation, set-up for daily activities, vacuuming, dishwashing, straightening play area and general tidying.
- Develops professional competence through participation in school provided in-service activities
- Attend 15 hours of continuing education to fulfill state licensing childcare regulations for teacher qualified individuals
- Attendance at weekly Early Childhood meetings and occasional Faculty meetings as requested
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, easily get down on floor, bend, squat, jump, and run.
- Strive to be worthy of imitation, mindful of gestures and speech, carrying out a calm, peaceful presence around the children. Help maintain a beautiful classroom and supervise children when outdoors.
- Current CPR & First Aid certification, Oregon Food Handler’s card and successfully enrolled and cleared in the Criminal Background Registry with the Childcare Division of Oregon.
- Other duties as assigned
The Early Childhood Assistant will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism in the completion of all of his/her duties. Familiarity with Waldorf pedagogy and best practices is desired, and experience working in a Waldorf Early Childhood classroom is preferred.
We seek colleagues who share the goals of Waldorf Education and who are dedicated to the healthy development of each child. Ideal candidates will have a passion for Waldorf education, and the personal development and self-reflection to be able to work well in a collegial setting.
We offer a competitive salary, health insurance and tuition remission for qualified faculty children.
Corvallis Waldorf School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, family structure, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, abilities, or other legally protected status in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, tuition assistance programs, staff hiring, or other school programs.
How to Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Karim Hafizov at email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.